Wedding19
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2021

Bose speaker grouping issue

Bose product names - Bose home speaker 300 and  Soundlink Resolve Bluetooth speaker

Country - United States

App Version - Use Bose Connect - Android phone

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on  -

Audio Tech turntable AT-LP60XBT is the mobile device.

I connected my Audio Tech turntable to Bose Home speaker 300.  I then used Bose Connect  app to connect the Soundlink speaker to the Bose 300 (home group speaker)  It worked fine when I connected but all of a sudden when not using the soundlink speaker it disconnects from the Bose 300.   I am able to reconnect fine but when I turn on the turntable the Soundlink speaker disconnects from the Bose 300 grouping.  If I reconnect it the speaker to the Bose 300 the turntable goes out.  I reset the turntable and both speakers, reconnect and it is fine.  

What environment do you experience the issue in? livingroom

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?  It has been several weeks that it started.

I am happy once I reset everything it works but I should not have to do this when it goes out,  The turntable can only be connected to one speaker.  Any advice would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Jessie_O

Re: Bose speaker grouping issue

Hey Wedding19, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing when trying to group the speaker and will be more than happy to help you! 

Can you tell me how you have the turntable connected to the Home Speaker 300? 

Do you notice anything happen which causes the disconnect? 

Just to confirm, you will need to use the Bose Music application not the Bose Connect to group the speakers. I have included a LINK HERE to assist you with how to do this! 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Wedding19
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2021

The turntable is connected to the Home speaker 300 via bluetooth.  I then group the 2nd speaker to the home speaker 300 which is connected to the turntable.  It works fine but every so often the 2nd speaker disconnects from the Home speaker,  When I connect the 2nd speaker back up to the home speaker it knocks out the connection to the turntable.  The turntable connects right back to the Home speaker but then knocks out the 2nd speaker.  I have to reset the home speaker back to the original factory settings and everything then reconnects.  I am sure I only have one device connected on the speakers.  Not sure what is happening.  It is frustrating when it happens.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jessie_O

Hey there, 

Thank you for coming back to us! This is super helpful. 

Can you tell me which SoundLink speaker you have?

I would recommend clearing the pairing list on all the devices, including your turntable, and then reconnecting. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Wedding19
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2021

The speaker I am connecting to the home speaker 300 is soundlink revolve Portable blluetooth.  It is so wierd, we can be watching TV and all of a sudden the soundlink speaker says it is disconnecting from the Home speaker 300.  When I reconnect it, the turntable then disconnects from the Home speaker 300.  I hit the turntable button to reconnect via bluetooth and the soundlink disconnects.  

Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to me! 

Just to confirm and cover all the bases, the SoundLink Revolve isn't running out of battery, is it? 

Wedding19
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2021

No I am sure of that -   I really think it has something to do with the speaker that is the home speaker 300 (connected to turntable).  when it happened again this morning I reset the turntable and it did not fix it.     I connected the turntable back up to the home speaker 300 and when I connected the second speaker back to the home speaker 300 it knocked out the turntable connection.  When I connected turntable back up to home speaker 300, the second speaker disconnected from the home speaker    So I reset the home speaker 300 and it is Ok now for a day or so!!!!     I use the bose music app to group the two speakers.  

Very puzzling..  Will be just sitting here and all of sudden I hear from the second speaker "speaker disconnected from speaker 300"  Thanks for helping me.

I do have a question when I use the bose music app does that connect it in a party mode?  Just curious, I am not worried because it sounds ok just thinking!!!

Jessie_O

Thanks for confirming this! I just wanted to make sure that we were covering all the bases as this is a very specific issue. 

To be honest, what you are saying does make sense. The only way to be completely sure would be to remove the turntable and replace it with a different source device to see if the same issue occurs. 

Regarding your query, the Bose Music application uses technology that is similar to party mode but is slightly different. The Home Speaker and the SoundLink speaker are grouping together using SimpleSync. I have included a page from our website HERE for your reference.