AtomicEarth001
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2020

Bose universal remote NOT WORKING with Sony TV

Bose product name: Soundbar 700

Firmware Version: 10.0.10-8565+88f8514

Sony TV - KD-65X8077G (2019) (Android TV)

Hi everyone.

I have a rather frustrating issue with the Bose universal remote. It simply won't work with my Sony TV - I have used the app to add the TV, but after trying various codes, I have to input the model number of my TV manually. Afterwards, the remote does not control the TV. 

If anyone has had a similar issue or know a workaround/solution - I would be eternally grateful!

Update: I'm using the soundbar via ARC and the IR emitter is not blocked. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: Bose universal remote NOT WORKING with Sony TV

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out, sorry to hear that you are having this experience. It sounds like you have successfully paired the remote via the onscreen instructions, so lets take a look into this further.

When you're using the Bose remote, the infrared signals to control your television (or any other device) actually come from the front of the soundbar itself.  Is the front of the soundbar obstructed by anything like a cabinet or Blu-Ray player?

If there are no obstructions, you may need to obtain an IR emitter for the soundbar by contacting your local support center via phone select this link > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Let me know if you have any questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Tegan_M

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out, sorry to hear that you are having this experience. It sounds like you have successfully paired the remote via the onscreen instructions, so lets take a look into this further.

When you're using the Bose remote, the infrared signals to control your television (or any other device) actually come from the front of the soundbar itself.  Is the front of the soundbar obstructed by anything like a cabinet or Blu-Ray player?

If there are no obstructions, you may need to obtain an IR emitter for the soundbar by contacting your local support center via phone select this link > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Let me know if you have any questions.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

AtomicEarth001
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2020

Thanks for the suggestion. Could you advice on the best place to put the extender? Does it plug into the soundbar?

Jeff_G

Hello AtomicEarth001,

Yes, the IR emitter needs to plug into the 3.5mm "IR" port on the back of the Soundbar. The other end of the cable features the emitter diode which needs to be placed in direct line of sight with the IR receiver on the device you are trying to control. If you're not sure where the IR receiver is on your device, please refer to the user manual for that device. It usually looks like a shiny black plastic rectangle shape on the front of the product.

I hope this helps!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!