Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

Bug: cannot copy & paste wifi password when setting up new Home Speaker

I've experienced this several times on all my Home Speaker 500's and 300's. When a device is new or after a factory reset, copying and pasting the wifi password never works: one must write it in manually in the app when adding the device to the network. This is particularly a pain in the a** when one - as everybody should! - uses very long and complex passwords.

Is it just me observing this? Is the bug known? Thanks.

G.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Bug: cannot copy & paste wifi password when setting up new Home Speaker

Hello giacecco,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some problems with the setup process of your Home Speaker's.

I have just tested this and I can confirm that I was able to copy my password from the notes application and then paste this into the password field and successfully connect. This was on the iOS version of the Bose Music app.

Are you trying to copy your password from the Bose Music app when you have entered it for the previous speaker setup? 

Also, which device are you using the app on?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

Hi Charlotte, I’m doing this in iOS too. The password is copied from a mainstream commercial password manager software that I use regularly, it’s 32 characters long and generated randomly, including all sorts of special characters. The issue may need to be investigated using a similar password.

Hi giacecco,

Thank you for providing that update.

Would it be possible to copy the password into the notes application and then copy it from there into the Bose Music app?

That way it would test whether it was the password manager app not allowing the password to be copied over to Bose Music, or if it is the length or complexity of the password causing the issue.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

It’s a very good suggestion Keith but I can’t afford the time to factory reset one of my speakers and try. It was very time consuming finding the workaround and I wouldn’t go through that again.

However you can try for yourself. The password manager is LastPass: it is quite mainstream, likely more than the Bose Music app: if there is an incompatibility with them, you need to adapt. The 32 characters password was generated using LastPass itself with all the complexity options on: capital and lowercase letters, special characters etc.

Good luck, I’m curious to know the outcome of your tests.