Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 27, 2019

Buggy - Glitch of AirPlay 2 on Home Smart 500

Hello,

I've just  give a try of AirPlay 2 using iPhone 7 ios 12.2 , Music are played normall on phone speakers but when switched to Bose 500 , playback start to be scratched , glitched or stopped at all for a moment and may recover , may not.

Any one face the same ?

Regards

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Buggy - Glitch of AirPlay 2 on Home Smart 500

Hi Mirghany, 

Thanks for posting. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this glitch however I would love to help. 

I have a few questions that I would like to ask to get a better understanding of your issue:

• Have you attempted to connect the Speaker to another device? 
  • Have you attempted to try a different source? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 27, 2019

Hello,

Yes , It works perfectly with Spotify , Dezeer and Bluetooth as well. Since 23rd of Febrary 2019 as I bought it and still perfectly with theses mentioned sources.

I've just yesterday give a try for AirPlay using two applications ONKYO and ST-1 which both can play iPhone library or stream from Synology NAS - They playing perfectly on iPhone speaker , Just switching the output to AirPlay issue happen as mentioned earlier.

Thanks for your support and Regards

Highlighted

Thanks for updating me on this @mirghany

Have you attempted to factory reset the speaker and attempt to connect again? 

This can be done by:

• Remove the product from your Bose account.
  • Simultaneously press and hold the Volume - and AUX buttons for 10 seconds. The system will reboot into setup mode. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.