Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

C7 - SC1300 Amazon Music on Portable Home Speaker

While setting up my Bose Portable Home Speaker with Amazon Music, I found that Alexa would only play Tune-In stations when we requested a certain Genre.  Going into the Bose App I manually selected the station I wanted and got the error "We can't connect to that service right now.  Please try again later. [C7 - SC1300].

Reset all devices and router and modem.  Still the same problem.  

I really wanted this to be the upgrade I was looking for for the echo dot I was using previously.

Anyone else have this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: C7 - SC1300 Amazon Music on Portable Home Speaker

Author Accepted Answer selected by Blaine A

Hi Blaine A,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I’m sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with Alexa playing your Amazon Music. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you and I will do all I can to assist you!

Can you tell me if you have tried removing the Amazon Music service from the Bose Music app?
You can do this by clicking the icon in the top right of the ‘My Bose’ screen and clicking on > Manage Services > Edit > Delete Amazon Music. You can follow the same steps to re-add the service.

I would also recommend checking that you have Amazon Music set as your default music service in the Alexa application. You can do this by heading to Settings > Music and Media under the account section. Then you should be able to find the ‘Choose Default Music Service’ option.

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest,

Jessie O – Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Blaine A

Hi Blaine A,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I’m sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with Alexa playing your Amazon Music. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you and I will do all I can to assist you!

Can you tell me if you have tried removing the Amazon Music service from the Bose Music app?
You can do this by clicking the icon in the top right of the ‘My Bose’ screen and clicking on > Manage Services > Edit > Delete Amazon Music. You can follow the same steps to re-add the service.

I would also recommend checking that you have Amazon Music set as your default music service in the Alexa application. You can do this by heading to Settings > Music and Media under the account section. Then you should be able to find the ‘Choose Default Music Service’ option.

Kindest,

Jessie O – Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

Thank you.  Reinstalling the voice service seemed to work.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

hi, i've got exactly same issue but with my Soundbar 700.

I had an Amazon Unlimited subscription until yesterday, everything worked like a charm! I can hear all Amazon radio stations. 

Today subscription has expired and now I have a free Amazon Music.

Same radio station (U2) that worked until yesterday, now returns me this error [C7 - SC1300] on Bose Music app. But, generally speaking, all amazon radio stations return same error.

If I search for same radio station directly on Amazon Music, it works perfectly (so it's not part of Unlimited subscription).

Soundbar seems to reproduce Tune-In radio stations only.

What I already did?

1. remove my amazon music account form bose app and added again

2. amazon music is marked as default in Alexa app

3. reset soundbar (like suggested here )

What I have to do?

.... please help me!

Thanks

alberto

Highlighted

Hi Alberto, Thank you for reaching out to us! I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your system. I have taken so time to test this for you and have been unable to replicate the issue. 

I would recommend removing the service and re-adding it. You can do this in the settings menu under Music Services > Amazon > Delete. Then you can use the same steps to re-add it. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

What you suggest is exactly the point 1 of my “What I already did” list!

nothing happens...it’s not working

Highlighted

Thanks for the update albyu2.

As this happened just after your account switched an unlimited description to a standard one, this does make it seem like something is stopping the app/speaker from accessing the account correctly. The error code you are seeing does show when the system is unable to access the music service.

As removing the account hasn't done the trick on its own, I do have a couple of extra steps to add in to what you have done so far.

• Remove Amazon Music from the Bose Music app.
  • Sign out of the Bose Music app. ( you can do this from the account settings page where you found the Manage Music Services option).
  • Uninstall the Bose Music app.
  • Restart your phone.
  • Reboot the soundbar, the same way you did previously. 
  • Once the phone and soundbar have rebooted, reinstall the Bose Music app.
  • Log back in and re-add Amazon Music to the account.

I hope this helps! Keep us updated on how you get on!