Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2020

C7 - SC3103 Error on home speaker 500

Hi,

I cannot stream Spotify on my home speaker 500, the app shows C7-SC3101 error and would never recover if I don’t unplug the speaker.

my bose home app is up to date, I’m using iphone7, Spotify premium. WiFi is good.

might have something to do with the Bose app? I don’t know, it’s really annoying. Please assist, thanks,

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted

Re: C7 - SC3103 Error on home speaker 500

Hello Visendoritos79, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry about this, let's see if we can get this resolved for you. I would like to start by confirming a few things: 

• Has Spotify worked previously or is your first time setting it up? 
  • Are you trying to use the Bose Music app or Spotify Connect to play music? 
  • Which region are you in? 
  • What phone do you have? 

I look forward to resolving this with you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2020

Hello Vicky,

thanks for getting back, here’s to your questions:

1. No this is not my first time setting up Spotify on my speaker, it is something that happens 10% of the time.

2. I suppose that you can control Bose with one app at a time, so this scenario happens when I’m using Spotify.

3. I’m based in Taiwan.

4. iPhone 7

might be something to do with app overlaps? Or with the fact that I’m connecting Bose to other Bluetooth devices?

thanks,

Highlighted

Hi Visendoritos,

Thank you for providing that information.

What I would recommend we do in this situation, is start by uninstalling and reinstalling the Bose Music app on your iPhone. As it seems to be intermittent, this would be the best place to start to resolve this.

If we see the error message again after doing this, the next thing to do would be to reboot your router. You would want to disconnect it from the power for at least 30 seconds before reconnecting and letting it power back on. 

Let me know how you get on with this.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

Hi,

I face exactly the same issue on Bose 700 soundbar. It got resolved by rebooting the modem and the speakers, but the error again cropped up within a day. Happens whenever I try to play spotify through the Bose Music app. Please resolve as its quite annoying. 

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi NishM,

Thank you for joining us and for trying that troubleshooting.

Have you also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Bose Music app? 

You should also try removing and re-adding the Spotify account on the Bose Music app. To do this you want to navigate to the 'My Bose' home page and opening the account settings by tapping the icon of the person in the top right-hand corner. From here select 'manage music services', then your Spotify account where it will give you the option to remove it. It can then be re-added from the 'manage music services' page.

Let me know how you get on.

Keith L

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

I am experiencing a similar problem. The only difference is I was previously using the Bose Music app, playing Spotify mixes, and it does not work. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

I know this long thread is about the 500 speaker but I have a Bose Home Portable, had for a week and I've seen this error code 100 times from the app. I have had to reboot and unlinked things many times to get spotify working. Everything else plays fine. Its something between the bose music app and spotify. It's bad enough if not fixed soon I'm returning for a different brand. Too bad since it's a nice speaker. 

Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

This is quite annoying actually. I was asked by one of the experts here to reinstall the bose music app and relogin to Spotify. With this fix it works ok for some time, but shows the same error after some time. 

With hit and trials I found a fix but it's not a 100% solution. If you go on Spotify through Bose music app,  search or select a playlist and play a track from there it seems to work fine. But it doesn't solve the intended purpose of having an option to play directly from the Presets on Bose music app.

I have had Bose 700 soundbar setup for about 6 months now, and I have observed that Bose sound is good but on the part of connectivity, Bose need to work hard if it needs to compete with many other good brands out there. I have faced so many issues while trying to connect my soundbar with my Samsung TV through HDMI arc, but could not succeed and finally connected using optical cable. Bose could not provide a solution and in my opinion this is a breach of consumer law since Bose's products do not match to the specifications they advertise.

High time Bose. Come up with a fix.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

I have the same issue. cant get spotify to play over wifi. cant get alexa to do it either. the bose music app sees all my playlists and songs but is unable to play anything! i can stream it using Bluetooth tho but that loses connection if im not in same room. disappointing Bose. please fix.