Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

Re: C7 - SC3103 Error on home speaker 500

Hi,

I have the home portable.. same issue as everyone else. I also have sonos.. no issues at all.

I use Google assistant to tell it to play spotify.. and it says that its going to play.. then nothing.

Comes and and goes. i have a hard time believing it would be something other than Bose related since everything else works. Checked connection strength and it says excellent. Happends also with Tunein.

Been like this since I bought it since it was recomended over the Sonos.. not so impressed right now. And as other says it hurts your brand since several different speakers has the same issue.

Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2020

Having the same issue from today.

Everything was working fine, no network changes or accounts etc and this morning when I tried to play TuneIn the error occurred. Everything works on Spotify.

Done factory reset on Bose home Speaker 500 as well as Soundbar 700 and reconnected Wifi as well. Uninstalled both Bose Music app and TuneIn, as well as unlinked all the accounts and log in again......STILL THE SAME ERROR.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2020

Same problem only with sirius xm...spotify is fine and sirius plays fine on the phone through their app but will not play through Bose app. Done all of the standard troubleshooting. updated the device, app, rebooted router and get the same error. don't know what else to do. kind of annoyed actually. Spotify works fine so I am at a loss. 

Some useful information from Bose would be nice.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2020

Since last time I posted it repaired itself next day. Week later same pathetic error happen again.

I'm giving it one more chance and if this persists I'm selling it. Paid top dollar for it but it's not good.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2020

Same issue as others are experiencing.

Products purchased and used in Singapore.

Error code shows for both Home Speaker 500 and Soundbar 500.

Spotify preset stations cannot be played after the initial setup.

I reboot the Home Speaker 500 and then Spotify works. The Soundbar Spotify stations do not work even after power OFF/ON.

TuneIn works fine always for both.

I think I can only recover the Soundbar 500 only if i reset to factory settings but then need to recalibrate the sound.

Help please!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

Got the Soundbar 700 + Bass 700 in Singapore.

Facing the same issue with Spotify as other users here. TuneIn works perfect even on preset and could be controlled on the Bose Universal Remote Control. As simple as the set up it is, but the Spotify function hasn't been working properly. Sometimes it plays well and suddenly music got cut off with pulsing amber four times indicated. When I click on the music button on the Universal Remote it will resume playing and after playing couple of minutes it will be cut off again. If it was WIFI issue, I would face similar issue with TuneIn but that isn't the case. Tried on Spotify Control from another device (MAC) but still playback didn't work. I believe it is the backend of Bose and Spotify need to be fixed and rectified. 

Realised Bose moderator haven't been replying to this thread as all solutions provided didn't work. Hope they are getting the engineers working hard on this issue. It is a nice feature and if it it not fixed soon it will cause more frustration to current users and affect sales eventually. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2020

Got a new Bose Home Speaker (2 weeks) and nothing but trouble. Wifi connection is intermittend constantly and it takes lots of trial & error to get the speaker to reconnect. This is really annoying. Error codes C7-SC1321, C7-SC3103, C7-SC1036. This is no use, paid good money but Bose is clearly not trustworthy. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 7, 2020

same error code. I have been getting it intermittently since day 1 with my portable home speaker that I received 4 months ago. Now its been 2 days and no amount of resetting my router, uninstalling apps, unlinking and relinking accounts is working. The problem is isolated to just my Bose speaker playing spotify. Sometimes it works and other times it doesnt. Everything else works in my house. Ive tried Bose tech support over the phone (after 1 hours it started to work) and over text (took more than a day for a text back and they ended up telling me to call). I waste more time trying to make this thing work than I do using it. I shouldnt have to call tech support constantly to make a product work. 

Given the length of this thread Bose clearly has a problem and is doing nothing to solve it. Horrible for the price of the speakers. Will not be buying Bose ever again! 

Highlighted

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and contributing to the discussion!

If you are seeing the error code C7 - SC3103, and the troubleshooting posted in this thread so far has not helped, it is worth checking some settings on your router. We do have a list of recommended router settings available HERE that will help you optimize your network for use with your speakers.

If you need a hand changing any of these settings, try reaching out to your internet service provider, or your local Bose support team as they will be able to help you get this setup.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

Same problem from Japan. 

Have to hard reset 1 or 2 times in a week. 

(Bose home speaker portable) 

Please fix !