Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

Re: C7 - SC3103 Error on home speaker 500

I also have this issue. I am in the UK. I have reinstalled both the Bose and Spotify apps on many occasions, so doing that does not fix the problem. I have tried alternating between alexa and Google assistant but the problem remains and is intermittent. Very annoying 

Hi all,

I can imagine this has been frustrating but this isn't normal behaviour and should not be happening. As @Keith_L stated in a past post, please ensure you're removing your Spotify account from within the Bose Music app.

What may also be worth trying is a reset of your WiFi router. Simply unplug it from power for two minutes, then re-connect. Then, re-link your Spotify account in the Bose app and test playback. You should notice an improvement - but let me know exactly what happens so we can take things from there.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2018

I also have a similar problem with my home portable speaker 
this is very frustrating indeed, and definitely not acceptable. 

I have tried re-boot the router, re-install the bose music app, and reconnect my Spotify account, yet it worked once, but recur again after a few days. 

please quickly resolve this issue, as this surely hurts the bose name a lot. 

It is a pity that this is speaker sounds so great, yet the technical support is so poor.  Really regret getting this if it doesn't get resolve soon. 

Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2020

I have a week of buying my bose 500 and I have the same problemNow restart my phone, WIFI, Bose Music app and Spotify. But Nothingerror is coming back.

Please, Help me! I was so excited

Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

I have not had time to delve into my router settings (verizon FIOS provided) or google nest wifi settings. My workaround for now is two fold:

1)If i pickup the speaker from its charging doc and move it somewhere I let it "settle" for a few minutes with my phone nearby so when I do power it on (and again wait 3-5 minutes sometimes) it and my phone have connected to the nearest WIFI AP and seems to mostly behave.  I've noticed if I take the phone too far away or to another area of the house that can trigger the disconnection.

2)If the bad issue does occur and I can't connect to spotify or the speaker the hard reset (pressing and holding play/pause for 10 seconds and reboot) has worked every time.. 

Again this is a Home portable not a home speaker 500. 

Hey all,

Thanks for your feedback. If you initiate playback through Spotify Connect, do you still experience this issue?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

It makes no difference whether I play through Spotify connect or not. As others have said, disconnecting the router etc. provides as short term solution. Sooner or later ( usually after a few days) the problem reappears. 

Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2020

I spent hours working on this yesterday and found that it was an issue with Spotify itself. 

In case this applies to anyone else, I suggest going into your Spotify settings on a web browser (you will not find this in the mobile app) and removing access from any apps you do not need. I went ahead and removed Bose as well just to re-add it. 

I came to this solution after uninstalling and reinstalling and logging out everywhere (another option in the account settings you can try). None of that worked. Nor did any of the troubleshooting steps listed in this forum. 

spotify.com > account > Apps > just go through the list and click Remove Access where applicable. I suspect my account was just overwhelmed with apps permissions or one of them was conflicting with the Connect feature. 

Hope this helps some of you! 

Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

hi kiddbill,

I did what you suggested and now trying, looks ok so far.

I will be observing next a couple of days and add another answer to this topic.

in the meantime, while this error is happening, my sonos one and airplay future was working perfectly with spotify.

I hope that it is solved and we will see in a couple of days.

Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

I did try half a day and same problem is happening.

I cannot play Spotify music via Spotify Connect or Bose Home application on Bose Home Speaker 500.

having the same error message C7-SC3103.

in the same time TuneIn radios and Airplay work great.

I also have 2 Sonos One in the same network and having no issue with them. Spotify Connect or Sonos app work great for Spotify music.

Turkey

iphone xs max

this problem should be sold ASAP as the smart speaker does not perform its main purpose of existing.