cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DesertWolf
Participant
Registered since

Jan 2, 2021

Can Home Speaker 500 do Alexa & Google at same time?

I have both Alexa and Google smart speakers and like having both. If I buy a Bose Speaker 500 can it replace both? Or does it have to be configured as only one or the other?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: Can Home Speaker 500 do Alexa & Google at same time?

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hi DesertWolf,

Thanks for reaching out. It is not possible to have both Alexa and Google Assistant enabled on your Home Speaker 500. 

What are you trying to achieve? We may be able to provide some device on the best set up for you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Tegan_M

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hi DesertWolf,

Thanks for reaching out. It is not possible to have both Alexa and Google Assistant enabled on your Home Speaker 500. 

What are you trying to achieve? We may be able to provide some device on the best set up for you.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Tebnayr
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2021

I am in a building that has separate wifi for phones and devices... I can move my phone back and forth some, but I would prefer to have a smart device that allows me to play audible and Google play/YouTube music from the same device. I like Google music as it connects to YouTube which I use often as well and I have a ton of books on audible. Is there any way voice commands can be set up in a way that I can control both with voice?

Marvin_B

Hi Tebnayr.

Welcome to the Community! Thank you for your post.

To better assist you, may we know if the WiFi connection in the building under your name(private account) or it is the WiFi for everybody that is in that building?

Let us know.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Tebnayr
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2021

It is shared wifi. It is not open to anyone, but devices are added through their mac address. 

Vicky_W

@Tebnayr, thanks for posting! I am sorry, currently you are unable to add a Bose Smart speaker to a Google Speaker group. You can explore the features that are not available here. Let me know if you need help with anything else. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Tebnayr
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2021

I am confused. This was not my question at all, I do not care about grouping. 

I was hoping to have a speaker be able to play google youtube music and audible through voice command, preferably without connecting my phone to the wifi. How easy is this able to voice command between both google music and audible?

Hector_B

Thanks for confirming Tebnayr. 

To confirm you are looking to get Google Assistant to play Youtube Music and Audible via the assistant? 

You would need to have a device connected to your speaker to be able to do this as Youtube Music isn't something that is supported directly on the speaker. Meaning that you would need to Bluetooth to the system to be able to stream this form of content. 

Please do let me know if you have further questions.