garryp
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Can I play apple music on Bose home speaker 300 in Canada

I am in Canada and when I try to play apple music on my HS300 the speaker tells me I just have to say "play Apple music" but when I do that it says that Apple music is not supported?  I know that Amazon recently added Apple music support in Canada and Apple music works on my other smart speakers.  Does Bose not support this?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Can I play apple music on Bose home speaker 300 in Canada

Hello garryp,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to read that you are having some issues playing Apple Music and would love to assist you with this.

This isn't something that will work due to the limitation of the HomeSpeaker 300 as the speaker doesn't support Apple Music directly on the Bose Music App meaning that you won't be able to ask Alexa to do this as it isn't supported on the speaker. 

I would be more than happy to raise this for you as a future feature request for the speaker, if any other users would like to see this added please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

garryp
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the information.  Unfortunately, that is a deal breaker for me, I will be returning my Bose speaker.  My other smart speaker has the ability to play Apple music so I guess I will pick up another one of those instead.  Too bad, as I liked the sound quality of the 300.

Thanks

dmtcampbell
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

Would definitely like to see Apple Music added and supported.  Very disappointed to find out that it's not.  Love the Bose brand and products but not having Apple Music as a supported option is a deal breaker.  

BML
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 24, 2019

Please add ability to play Apple Music directly from Alexa

I also would like Bose to allow direct access of Apple Music via Alexa on the Home Speaker system.  I recently bought a Bose Home Speaker 500 and like it very much but am thinking about returning it and buying a Sonos speaker because of the ability of the Sonos to play Apple Music through Alexa.  I am considering buying a soundbar and other components, too, and want them to all connect to each other.  I would buy Bose if it were not for this shortcoming.  Is there any chance that Bose could add this ability in a future update?  This would make a difference in my decision (and probably many other potential buyers) between Bose and Sonos, especially for listeners like myself that want to hear Classical music.  You could also add Idagio as well as Tidal to this list, too!

Hey BML, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

Thank you so much for your detailed suggestion. I will certainly pass it onto the development team for further consideration. If this is implemented, we will post an update within the forums. 

Do let me know if you have any more ideas. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Reef
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

Re: Please add ability to play Apple Music directly from Alexa

Agreed. Deal breaker for me. Sadly, I will be returning my Christmas present 🙁