cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SlyZ
Participant
Registered since

Jul 25, 2021

Can I use Home Speaker 500 using my iPhone hotspot?

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name-Home Speaker 500

Country-USA

Firmware Version

App Version-4.5.4

I’m not near a Wi-Fi network, but am using my iPhone 12 Pro Max as a hotspot. How can I get the Home Speaker 500 to respond?

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on-iPhone 12 Pro Max

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

4 REPLIES 4
Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Can I use Home Speaker 500 using my iPhone hotspot?

You should be able to use your iPhone hotspot to connect to the internet just as you would use any other modem/router.  I'm currently away from home using my iPad hotspot and Verizon Wireless cellular to connect to Roon, Audirvana, Apple Music, Tidal, and Qobuz.  I'm not using a Bose speaker but that should not matter.

Liam_G

Hello SlyZ, and welcome to the Community! 

Also, thank you @Xyz987 for sharing that information. 

While our speakers are designed to work with full Wi-Fi networks, we cannot guarantee how well they'll work with device hotspots. 
For the best connection, performance and stability, we recommend that you connect to a full Wi-Fi network. 

I hope this helps! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
SlyZ
Participant
Registered since

Jul 25, 2021

My problem was simpler than I thought—it was a matter of connecting to Bluetooth, while I could use the hotspot for any service (eg Pandora). Thanks for the comments—reassuring!

BRAILYN
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2021

Hey, yeah I think that it's possible to use an iphone with that