jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Can no longer sign into Bose Music

As of an hour ago, Bose Music app will no longer allow me to login.  I'm furious about this given all the grief of the SoundTouch issues in the past.  I have an iPhone XR, running app version 3.0.0, latest as of 12/2, With a Bose Home 500.

I was playing SiriusXM and suddenly the music stopped...I looked at my iPhone, and saw a notification about Google Assistant being available.  I don't use any assistant at all so this was not relevant to me.  I went to hit the preset again on the unit, and the LED lit up orange - I hit other presets, LED lit up orange. 

When I opened the app on my phone, it said that Bose made a change to their system and they signed me out.  I went to sign in again - entered email, password - nothing, just a spinner.  Closed the app, reopened, same thing.  I deleted the app and redownloaded it now all I get is "loading" when I click the Sign In button - I can now no longer log into the app and my speaker is functionally useless.  

Anyone else having this problem today?  I will end up calling Bose support on Monday, no hope this will suddenly start working given the record with "fixing" Soundtouch issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Re: Can no longer sign into Bose Music

Author Accepted Answer selected by jerake75

Managed to fix this myself, at least for now.  Here's what I tried and what ultimately succeeded:

1.  Delete app a second time, reinstall from App store - same result, "Loading" screen when trying to get to sign-in screen.

2.  Deleted app a third time, turned on/off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, reinstalled - no change.

3.  Deleted app a fourth time - shut off iPhone, then turned back on - reinstalled Bose Music - was suddenly able to get to the sign-in screen and successfully able to log in.

Not sure what happened but will keep an eye on it. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Re: Can no longer sign into Bose Music

Author Accepted Answer selected by jerake75

Managed to fix this myself, at least for now.  Here's what I tried and what ultimately succeeded:

1.  Delete app a second time, reinstall from App store - same result, "Loading" screen when trying to get to sign-in screen.

2.  Deleted app a third time, turned on/off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, reinstalled - no change.

3.  Deleted app a fourth time - shut off iPhone, then turned back on - reinstalled Bose Music - was suddenly able to get to the sign-in screen and successfully able to log in.

Not sure what happened but will keep an eye on it. 

View solution in original post