window077
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 18, 2019

Can't connect Bose Home 500 to Smart TV

Hi, I bought the Bose Home 500 speaker today which sounds great.

Both the speaker and my Smart TV have bluetooth and WiFi, yet they can't seem to connect to each other.  The TV is a Panasonic TH65-AX900A and when I set the speaker as 'ready to pair' for Bluetooth, the TV can't find it.  Not sure if there's a way to connect over WiFi instead as they are both connected to the same network.

Any help would be amazing, as after a few hours of trying so many things, I've had no luck and feel a little disappointed with my purchase 😕

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Can't connect Bose Home 500 to Smart TV

Hi @window077!

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a difficult time hooking up your speaker on your TV. To clarify, do you have the Soundbar 500, or the Home Speaker 500?

You will not be able to connect the speakers to the TV using WiFi - but you should be able to through Bluetooth. It seems that you've been able to put the speaker into pairing mode, but you say nothing is showing up when you select Bluetooth? Usually, when you go into the audio settings of your TV, there should be an option to select 'Bluetooth' for audio output (instead of TV speakers for example) - do you see that?

Do you know if the Bluetooth on your TV is able to be used for output devices, or just input devices? Have you been able to contact Panasonic at all to discuss the possible compatibility?

Also, just to clarify there's no issue with the speaker, have you been able to connect a mobile device to your speaker to play music?

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
window077
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 18, 2019

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply.  It looks like the TV may only be able to connect to Bluetooth input devices.

This means my only option is to use a cable that is Digital Optical audio out to 3.5mm input into the Bose speaker - will this cable affect/reduce sound quality compared to Bluetooth?

Kind regards,

Lee

Highlighted

Hi window077, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! We are deeply sorry to read that this did not allow you to connect via Bluetooth. 

Could you please let us know your TV's model number? This cable shouldn't be any different from connecting via Bluetooth, this may actually be a better solution as there shouldn't be any latency issues.

Please let us know how you get on with this. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
window077
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 18, 2019

Hi Hector,

Thanks for your reply.  The model number is TH65-AX900A - Panasonic.

The only physical cable audio out the TV has is a Digital Optical Audio out, which I'm having trouble trying to find a cable that has one end as a Digital Optical and the other as an analogue 3.5mm.

Let me know your thoughts?

Kind regards,

Lee