dacinto
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Can't connect Bose Music App to soundbar 500

Got the Bose Soundbar 500 bundle today and all the excitement I had about it is gone. The thingy is not all that easy to set up, I mean if the Music app cant connect to the WIFI network then you are doomed. I followed all the hook up instructions, downloaded the App, started the setup process, the app was able to detect the system but everytime I tried connecting to the network, the connection failed. So did a research online and followed some recommendations by others who had similar issues: 

• tried disabling firewall,
  • tried changing WIFI channels,
  • rebooted several times, both the router and soundbar 500, reset it twice.
  • Since I thought it could be a router issue I tried a different router, with and without security enabled still I could not connect to the network.

Called Bose support, was advised to try the folowing on my router:

Recommended router settings for Bose product compatibility

1. UPnP: Enable
  2. WPS: Disable

Recommended router settings for Bose product performance
 WMM: Disable

Dual-Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) SSID: Name both differently.

The Bose rep had me connect to the Bose 500 Wifi network, and with Safari I navigated to 192.0.2.1,  connected to the soundbar 500, went back to the Music App, tried adding the system to the app but failed. See error message on attached screenshot. I am sending this back by tomorrow evening unless someone comes up with a helpful solution. Anyone, please?

IMG_7545.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5
Hector_B

Re: Can't connect Bose Music App to soundbar 500

Hi Dacinto,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you have had this experience and would love to do all I can to help you resolve this. 

Firstly, I would highly recommend that you remove and reinstall the Bose Music App, as well as if you are using an Apple device ensure that you don't have Wi-Fi assist enabled inside the Mobile Data settings, this can be located at the bottom of the screen. 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this and if any other members of the community have had and resolved this issue please do share your resolutions. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
dacinto
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Thanks Hector for your quick response and suggestions. I found out the issue was to do with my phone running ios13 beta. Successfully set up the system using an android phone. Thanks.

Hector_B

Hi Dacinto, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

I am glad to hear that your issue is now resolved and appreciate you sharing your findings! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Lim Y A
Participant
Registered since

Sep 4, 2020

Just brought home my new Soundbar 500. It was a total disappointment when the Bose Music App can’t detect my Soundbar 500.
Tried connecting with my iPhone, failed. Then tried my my Samsung Galaxy. Also failed to detect the Soundbar 500. 

I’m 60 years old and definitely not IT savvy. Looks like it is just a big disappointment. 

Jeff_G

Hello Lim Y A, 

Thanks for joining the discussion! 

I'm sorry to hear you've had issues setting up your Soundbar.

I would first advise checking to ensure your internet router's settings are set up according to our recommendations here

If you find yourself needing more real-time support, I would certainly recommend calling our support team in your region. They would be more than happy to walk you through the setup process and even help with adjusting router settings. Details for local support can be found here.

Alternatively, please feel free to get back in touch here. 

Thanks.