Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

iPhone7

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Issue:-1

Not able to schedule announcements on Alexa. For ex: if a routine is created for an announcement "Hello, Good morning" to be made at everyday 7am. This won't work.

Issue:-2

Once you register the soundbar 700 on Alexa, it shows "Type" as TV.

What environment do you experience the issue in?

Alexa

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Day1

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 REPLY 1
Keith_L

Re: Can't schedule Alexa announcement

Hi asishsasi.au,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

I do apologize for the delay in responding, I've been looking into this for you. As it's not possible to set a routine to play a music service at a particular time, it was unclear whether this would stop the speakers from being able to have a routine support announcements at a set time would work. 

Interestingly when I originally tested this with my Home Speaker 500 I was also unable to get the routines to work, but routines like the one you described have started working correctly since. Are you able to get your routines to work now, or do they still not start at the correct time? If your routine isn't working, try removing the routine and recreating it as a new routine, and let me know if that works.

Should your routines not be working still, we'd love to look into this further with you! So we can, I've sent you a private message with some extra information we would need to see what exactly is happening with the soundbar.

The soundbar will show with the "type" set to TV due to the way our soundbars interact with the Alexa app. This is expected to happen, so will not cause any issues when using Alexa with your soundbar.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!