Can the Soundbar 700 and 500 be used in a multiroom audio echo setup?

SOLVED
Friendly Fanatic

Can the Soundbar 700 and 500 be used in a multiroom audio echo setup?

Amazon Echo devices have the ability to create a multiroom audio setup. Can the Soundbar 700 and 500 be included in those devices used in mutiroom audio? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by shaxs

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can the Soundbar 700 and 500 be used in a multiroom audio echo setup?

Hi shaxs,

Thanks for the question!

Multi-room audio using Alexa is not possible with the Soundbar 500 or 700, as multi-room audio is currently limited to Alexa native devices like the Echo.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

28 REPLIES 28

Hi shaxs,

Thanks for the question!

Multi-room audio using Alexa is not possible with the Soundbar 500 or 700, as multi-room audio is currently limited to Alexa native devices like the Echo.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Audible Advocate

I am aware that this is not currently available on these soundbars.  This is NOT because amazon limits it to Echo devices. 

See this dev blog from amazon https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/alexa/post/c4bbbbaf-3559-4b5e-b920-83a9d594e732/alexa-play-rollin...

My question is if this is planned to be rolled out for the soundbar 500/700 in a future update.  I really like the form factor of these soundbars.  The low verticle profile and wireless rears makes it one of the only soundbars I can consider for my space.  As long as the sound compares favorably to the cinemate 520 I have in my big rig I was planning on purchasing one but, not being able to stick it in my "everywhere" group may be a deal breaker.

So is this a feature you will be rolling out some time down the road and if so when.

Hi caseysmiller@yahoo.com,

Thanks for the post.

At this point, there has been no communication of this feature. There have been other community members that are also interested in this, so we've passed the feedback along to development.

If there is any new information, we will share it with the community. 

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Friendly Fanatic

Have there been any news on this as this is not limited by Amazon?

Hi Philipp,

Thanks for the question.

There aren't any updates regarding multiroom integration.  Where there are, we will update the community.

Best,

Brandon

Audible Advocate

Brandon,

When shopping for a soundbar, I went to a Bose store. They stated a few key claims not true:

- the 500/700 soundbars can connect to other room speakers, using the Bose app (not talking about the surround speakers), to play "whole house" music

- using Alexa, the 500/700 soundbars can connect to other Alexa enabled devices to create "whole house" music

Therefore, I purchased the 700 soundbar. I have been integrating the soundbar with echo dot and echo spot devices. Both claims above are FALSE!

- in Bose app, there is no way to add additional room speakers to create a "whole house" system

- in Alexa app, the 700 cannot be added to "everywhere"

You need to fix this asap!

From a very unhappy customer...

Hi ToddL,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community.

Which Bose store did you visit?  Let me know so feedback can be provided.

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Noisy Narrator

You can do this with the Bose 300 soundbar, but not the Bose 500 and Bose 700.  They are clearly marketed by Bose as a totally different operating system that is not compatable.  I don't work for Bose, but I would doubt the technology of the two different systems would ever allow such integration.

Audible Advocate

Hi,

Amazon has confirmed that they have now allowed for third party alexa enabled devices to be supported for the multi room group. Is Bose working on having this feature enabled with their devices?