Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Can the Soundbar 700 and 500 be used in a multiroom audio echo setup?

Hello @Bhamre,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

Whilst officially there is no comment from the company as to the addition of this functionality, I have passed the feedback on to the development team, who will attempt to deal with this at their discretion.

Thank you for your time, and have a nice day!

Liam_W 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 28, 2019

Hello, is there any update about using Bose 500 home speaker with echo dots to enable Multi-Room sound? I just bought the Bose 500 I was told that it would work with other Alexa devices... this is not the case.
Highlighted

Hi Sarriag, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. We don't currently have any update on this, however I can assure you that the community will be made aware when/if we release any kind of update for this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Please make this happen.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Am I wrong or isnt the latest firmware update from 5-21-19 supposed to resolve this:

• Speaker Grouping and control is now available via Amazon Alexa. Create a speaker group in the Amazon Alexa App and initiate playback and control of that group via Amazon Alexa voice command.

Regardless, I am still not seeing the speaker as an available device to add to a speaker group in the Alexa app.

Highlighted

Hi Lightwave, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

This is now available for some of our speakers. You are correcting in thinking that this was added very recently in update v4.0.8 Which speakers are you attempting to add to the Alexa App? Please ensure that you have the Bose Skill for Alexa downloaded, as well as ensuring that your speakers and device are on the same Wi-Fi network. If you are using an iPhone for the Alexa App please also ensure that you don't have Wi-Fi assist enabled inside mobile data settings. 

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

I’m trying to understand exactly what this function does. So am I able to add my Bose 700 sound bar to my “speaker group” in my Amazon Alexa app and be able to hear music through it when I say “Alexa, play music everywhere”? The Bose 700 does not come up in the Alexa app as an available speaker. (and yes, everything is on the same Wi-Fi group and I am able to control functions with Alexa so I know all is well with the Alexa skill). In the AV group sync in the Bose app, I have it set to “sync with group”.  Maybe I misunderstanding what this thread is about. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello Jhammy,

Thanks for reaching out again. So you should be able to add the speakers Bose and non-Bose together into a group, however, you will not be able to play all the speakers at the same time. So for example, you would be able to add an Amazon Dot and a Soundbar 700 to a group but you will not be able to play them all at once at the moment. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else please get in touch.

Have a great day!

Kindest regards,
Zoe C

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

I’m trying to understand what good is making a group if one can’t play music with that group at the same time.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Unfortunately the firmware update notes are misleading.
What the notes are saying is that you can now create a speaker group for example with a Bose 700 and Bose 500 via the Alexa App. They will play at the same time.
However you can’t mix a Bose product with an Amazon echo product yet if you want simultaneous playback. Not sure why it lets you add them together, as there’s no point to this.
Bose can correct me if I’m wrong.