Thomasleeclarke@gmail.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

Can you “save” a grouping of speakers?

I have 2 Bose Home Speaker 500s. Nearly every time i play music, I group the two of them on the Bose app.  Is there a way to save this group so I don’t have to recreate the group every time I play music? It would be helpful to save the grouping, maybe give the group a name and chose that group name when I play music instead of making the same group over and over.

if not, I suggest this as a feature for Bose to consider adding.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Can you “save” a grouping of speakers?

Hi Thomasleeclarke,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community.

The Home Speaker 500s, when grouped in the app, should stay grouped together until you disband the group. There should not be any need to re-create the group each time you use them.

However, there are a few things that can cause the group to disband before you might want it to. If one speaker was to lose power or internet connection, or you were to start one of the speakers playing via Alexa or Google Assistant. This can cause a Bose Music app group to disband.

If you want to keep the speakers grouped when using voice commands, you can do so with Alexa, but not Google Assistant at this time. To create a group for Alexa you would need to follow these steps.

Currently, only Bose Music speakers can be grouped this way, adding other speakers to the Alexa group will not work.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.