Intel860
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

Cannot Group Home Speaker 500 from Android App

Hello,

I've bought three Home Speaker 500 and configured them using Bose App for Android.

I can't manage groups following these steps:

1) tap on MyBose icon (up/left)

2) tap one of the speakers to choose the main speaker of the group

3) tap on speaker icon (bottom/right)

4) tap on "Groups Speakers" from the menu

Now can happen two cases.

First case: is not possible add the other two speakers after tapping on the "plus" icon. One speaker is added, but the second one remains in the list of speakers available.

Second case: all speaker is added in the group, but after tapping on "Complete group" the spekers are removed from the group.

The first or the second case happens in based on the choice of the main speaker (step 2)

Any suggestion?

Thank you for the support.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Cannot Group Home Speaker 500 from Android App

Hello Intel860,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulty creating groups with your Home Speaker 500's and I would be happy to help with this.

The first thing we would want to check with a grouping issue would be the firmware version of each of the speakers. If they are not all running the latest firmware version, and are on different versions, this can cause issues with grouping the speakers.

To check the firmware we would need to use the Bose Music app and go to Settings > Technical Info for each speaker. If they are on the latest firmware they should be on v6.0.10 

If any are not on this firmware we would need to force an update to the speakers by pressing and holding the Bluetooth and Volume - buttons together for 10 seconds. If the update starts successfully we should see the light bar begin scrolling to let us know. We can also perform the update manually if we need to as well by following these instructions.

If the speakers are fully up to date, I would recommend starting by rebooting the device we are running the app on and, if that does not help, uninstalling and reinstalling the Bose Music app on the device.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Intel860
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

Re: Cannot Group Home Speaker 500 from Android App

I've already done all these attempts without results. I decided to return the speakers. it's a shame because the sound is extraordinary, but the software has many issue, bugs and doesn't work. Bose is a premium brand and its products are expensive. I would expect an easy-to-use software that works well.