Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2019

Cannot factory reset Soundbar 700

Hi, I just bought a second hand Bose soundbar 700. I want to add it to my Bose music app, but I can't because it is probably added to the seller's Bose music app. I also can't factory reset it probably for the same reason. I cannot contact the previous owner anymore.

How can I factory reset it?

Best regard, Jurriaan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Cannot factory reset Soundbar 700

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jurriaan

Hi @Jurriaan,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

Apologies for any trouble you've had trying to perform the factory reset on your Soundbar 700. This could be happening if the remote is not actually paired to your soundbar - so we'll make sure this is corrected.

Firstly, you'll find instructions on how to perform a factory reset of the Soundbar 700 here.

In regards to pairing your remote, as you have not yet connected your soundbar to the Bose Music app, I'd recommend trying the following steps:

1. On the remote control, simultaneously press and hold the Volume down and Left navigation buttons for five seconds to clear pairing memory of the remote. The Power, Source Power and TV Input icons at the top of the remote will blink three times
  2. On the soundbar, press and hold the Action ○ button for five seconds. The light bar will glow continuously while the button is being pressed
    When the soundbar is disconnected from the Internet, the Action button will not attempt to access a voice assistant
  3. On the remote control, press the Center navigation button once. Within a few seconds, the six source icons on the remote will blink three times to indicate it has paired with the soundbar

Give that a try, then let me know if you were able to perform the factory reset on your soundbar.

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jurriaan

Hi @Jurriaan,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

Apologies for any trouble you've had trying to perform the factory reset on your Soundbar 700. This could be happening if the remote is not actually paired to your soundbar - so we'll make sure this is corrected.

Firstly, you'll find instructions on how to perform a factory reset of the Soundbar 700 here.

In regards to pairing your remote, as you have not yet connected your soundbar to the Bose Music app, I'd recommend trying the following steps:

1. On the remote control, simultaneously press and hold the Volume down and Left navigation buttons for five seconds to clear pairing memory of the remote. The Power, Source Power and TV Input icons at the top of the remote will blink three times
  2. On the soundbar, press and hold the Action ○ button for five seconds. The light bar will glow continuously while the button is being pressed
    When the soundbar is disconnected from the Internet, the Action button will not attempt to access a voice assistant
  3. On the remote control, press the Center navigation button once. Within a few seconds, the six source icons on the remote will blink three times to indicate it has paired with the soundbar

Give that a try, then let me know if you were able to perform the factory reset on your soundbar.

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 4, 2020

I followed the steps for resetting and the six lights on the remote blink about 10 times and then stops never connecting to the sound bar

Highlighted

Hello Griswold1212,

Thanks for joining the discussion. 

Can you please try the troubleshooting steps found on this thread. While similar to the aforementioned instructions, there are some additional steps that we recommend before performing the button presses which should aid the reset. 

I'll look forward to your reply. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 4, 2020

I was actually able to get it. It definitely took a lot longer than expected. Remote did not want to sink right away, the sound bar did not want to link to Music app. When I was finally able to get the remote to sync with the sound bar I just kept pressing the power button on the remote to keep the white light flashing on the sound bar and then eventually the light was able to turn the amber color and then I pretty much finished it off from there but then it took about another 30 or 45 minutes to get the sound to come out of the sound bar from the TV

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

Re: Bose Soundbar 500 with base resetting

I just bought the soundbar 500 with base subwoffer. But no sounds, most likely i skin some setup on my i-phone. How can I reset everything back to the factory default, and how can I get rid of it on my i-phone app "bose music app", or are they any instruction how to do it again.

I have no sound on my Sony TV. 

Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundbar 500 with base resetting

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Follow these instructions on how to reset your Soundbar 500. 

Following this, you can view our setup guide to help get you started. 

If you need further support do let us know.