Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Cannot set a media alarm using google assistant

I’ve just gotten a home speaker 500 and I have had no issues so far except for when I’m trying to set a media alarm. When I try to set it, google assistant asks me what time to set it for as usual and understands it perfectly, but when it asks me to set what music to play it says that it doesn’t understand. I know I’m saying the command correctly because when I say the same command with the exact same wording to my google home it works flawlessly. Does anyone know why it isn’t working? Any advice would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Cannot set a media alarm using google assistant

Hi @TEKHD,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I apologize for any trouble you've had using Google Assistant with your Home Speaker 500. That does seem to be quite an unusual issue.

You've stated the alarm set up working perfectly fine with your Google Home device - so we know you're using the correct statements, as you said. What happens if you try to set an alarm that doesn't use music, but instead just a standard tone - does that seem to work?

What I'd recommend trying, if you have not already, is disconnecting Google Assistant from your Home Speaker 500, then reconnecting. The refresh of this may help you successfully set up your alarm with the music you want.

To do this, simply go into the Bose Music app > Select Home Speaker > Tap on the image of the speaker (bottom right) > Select Settings > Voice Assistant > Google Assistant > Remove.

Give that a try and let me know how things go!

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Hey @Sam_F, thanks for the reply.

I’ve done what you suggested but it didn’t seem to work. I have always been able to set a regular alarm, but I find that even on max volume it’s not loud enough to wake me. But, the media alarm is, which is why I don’t use the regular alarm.

Thanks in advance for any further ideas you have on this issue.

Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2020

We’re you able to resolve this issue? I just purchased a Bose portable Home speaker for the sole reason of waking up to loud music. Please get back to me on this. I’m going to have to return my system and get a Sonos if I can’t get this resolved.

Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2021

I am having this problem too. I don’t understand why a $350 portable smart speaker is unable to do something that a $9.99 clock radio can do.