Highlighted
mpinkston
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

Cant keep Soundbar 300 and Bass Module 700 connected

I have a sound bar 300 and just got a bass module 700, I followed the instructions to connect them but they will not stay connected and the couple seconds they are connected the sound bar breaks up volume.

Method...
Hold down Bluetooth
then hold down "7" till blinks

Switch back to aux sometimes connects sometimes not but always eventually drops

what am I doing wrong, should I return?

2 REPLIES 2
mpinkston
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

Re: Cant keep Soundbar 300 and Bass Module 700 connected

correct that I hit the sound touch button not bluetooth then "7" till it blinks, let go and first and third lights go amber and the last on the bass icon blinks white and never stops

Re: Cant keep Soundbar 300 and Bass Module 700 connected

Hello Mpinkston, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

It could be possible that your Soundbar will need a software update to allow for the wireless pairing. Let's start with that to try and fix this issue. 

To update a system using the SoundTouch app:

1. In the SoundTouch app, choose the menu icon ☰ in the upper left.
  2. Choose Settings > Speaker Settings.
  3. Choose UPDATE SOFTWARE or UPDATE ALL if more than one system needs to update. If no updates are available, the UPDATE SOFTWARE button is not selectable.
  4. Wait for the update to complete, which can take up to 20 minutes per system depending on update size and network speed. Once updated, the system reboots.

If you do not want to use the app, you can also use the remote: 

1. On the remote control, press the SoundTouch button.
  2. Press and hold the CC button until the lights on the front of the soundbar blink white.
  3. Wait for the soundbar to update and reboot, which could take up to 30 minutes. If you are viewing the update progress in the SoundTouch app, the progress bar will reach 100% once the soundbar is updated and will remain at 100% while the bass module is updated.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support