Highlighted
JCcares
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Change alarm Sound on Google Assistant with Bose HS500

I've been using Google Assistant to take voice commands on the Bose HS 500 .(Alexa doesn't work well on this speaker for some reason). Does anyone know if we can change the alarm sound to a different one while setting alarms with Google Assistant ? The default alarm is so soothing that it can put you to sleep !

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Change alarm Sound on Google Assistant with Bose HS500

Hi JCcares, 

Thanks for reaching out, welcome to the community. 

The Google Assistant alarm sound is provided by Google. I have taken a look on their forums and it states "you can't change your alarm tone for general alarms", you can view this information on Google's support page. 

You can alternatively if you have Spotify or radio channels linked to your Google Assistant to ask this to play when you set an alarm. You can view full instruction on how to do this in the support link provided above under 'media alarms'. An example on this page is stating "Hey Google, set J-pop radio alarm for 6.00 a.m. tomorrow”. 

I hope this helps. If anyone else in the community has any suggestions, do get involved!

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

earm57
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

This is not possible. It says it's not possible yet and that it will set a standard alarm

JCcares
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

I didn’t have much success trying to get media alarms to work.Thankfully Alexa started to work on my speaker so I switched over to Alexa which has a better alarm.Hopefully google will someday wake up to the reality that the alarm they set puts folks to sleep rather than waking them up,after whcih i will consider google assistance.But for now Alexa alarm seems a lot better.I think they even have options to change the alarm sounds in Alexa.