Registered since

Dec 31, 2020

Change audio source on Bose Soundbar 300 using google assistant

Hi,

Bose product name - soundbar 300 speakers

Country - United Kingdom

Firmware Version - 3.0.10-945+d6524bc

App Version - 4.2.4

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.) - phone is not involved in this

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I have recently purchased Bose Soundbar 300 and love the sound quality and smart home capability but one feature which is missing is to be able to change the audio source of the sound bar using google assistant. I can play music using the google assistant on soundbar but once the music is stopped, it should either connect back to TV or allow this option through google assistant.

I can do this through remote but the reason why I went for the smart sound bar was that I can do away with the need for remote. 

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.) - Living room

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? -as soon as I setup the device

Any troubleshooting steps you took - tried saying "switch off soundbar" and then "switch on soundbar" but it just disconnected the sound bar from the tv.

If it is not possible right now, can this be added as a feature request?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Change audio source on Bose Soundbar 300 using google assistant

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hi Anshu83,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for joining us!

It is currently only possible to change the source of the soundbar back to the TV with either the remote or the Bose Music app. You would not be able to control the source with a voice assistant.

I'd be happy to pass this suggestion along to the development team as a feature request for you, I'm sure it's something that other users would be interested in as well. While I wouldn't be able to say whether switching sources with the voice assistant would be something that could be added to the soundbar, I'll make sure the team knows this is something you would like to see on the soundbar in the future!

Let me know if you have any other questions about your new soundbar!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Keith_L
Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hi Anshu83,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for joining us!

It is currently only possible to change the source of the soundbar back to the TV with either the remote or the Bose Music app. You would not be able to control the source with a voice assistant.

I'd be happy to pass this suggestion along to the development team as a feature request for you, I'm sure it's something that other users would be interested in as well. While I wouldn't be able to say whether switching sources with the voice assistant would be something that could be added to the soundbar, I'll make sure the team knows this is something you would like to see on the soundbar in the future!

Let me know if you have any other questions about your new soundbar!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Anshu83
Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2020

Thanks Keith,

It would be great if you can pass this on as a feature suggestion and also advise if it would be possible to change the source through Alexa. I am open to using either assistant if this feature is available with either of these assistants.

Keith_L
Community Manager

No worries Anshu83, I've let them know!

You can't change the source with other of the voice assistants at this time, so you would not be able to do this with Alexa either. 

ian2021
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2021

I would just like to add my +1 to this thread.  It would be really useful if we could change the source using Google Voice Assistant.

Is there any update on this issue?

Laddo
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2021

Hi

was there any feedback on this feature request?

it would be very helpful to switch from audio to tv source using the voice assistant, as well as the remote control option.

Thanks