Dan.j.foy
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

Concerned SA-5 no longer sold - Will there be a replacement???

I am surprised that the SA-5 no longer seems to be sold directly by Bose.  In my last home, I had a number of these and used the Soundtouch app to control my whole home audio.  I am not aware of another product, Bose or otherwise, that could function like the Soundtouch network I built with the SA-5s.  Is there another product coming that will allow me to achieve the same configuration and use one app to control sources, volume, and outputs?  This is terrible new for me as I am starting to build a new home and planned to replicate this exact solution.  Bose, what should I do???

Dan Foy

2 REPLIES 2
Tegan_M

Re: Concerned SA-5 no longer sold - Will there be a replacement???

Hi Dan,

Sorry to hear of your concerns here.

We have no news regarding the discontinuation of the SA-5, however like with all our products we will continue to support our customers. As for new products, keep an eye on our website and join the Bose news letter to be the first to know about new product releases.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Dan.j.foy
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

Re: Concerned SA-5 no longer sold - Will there be a replacement???

This will unfortunately result in a potential move to the Sonos platform.  I would not trust Bose's commitment to either the SA-5 or Soundtouch application development at this point.  I have always been a Bose advocate, but I cannot take this risk.  Thank you for your response, but the fact that you can't even provide any guidance on your strategic direction is not a positive thing.