Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Connect HomeSpeaker 300 to Panasonic Viera TV

I am trying to connect two Bose speakers to my Panasonic Viera TV model TH-50PX80U. One speaks is the Bose Home Speaker 300 and the other is the Bose Portable Home Speaker. Does anyone have the best instructions for this?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Connect HomeSpeaker 300 to Panasonic Viera TV

Hey @lak2002,

Thanks for your interest. To put it simply - the Home Speaker range of products are not designed to be used as dedicated TV speakers. You may find our range of Smart Home Soundbars, such as the Soundbar 500, or Soundbar 700, with accessory Surround Speakers more suited to your needs in an audio/video environment.

Should you wish to attempt the connection, both the Portable Home Speaker and Home Speaker 300 feature both auxiliary audio inputs and Bluetooth inputs. If your TV can output audio to either of these connection types, you could output audio to either one of your speakers. Then, if the speakers are connected to Wifi, using the Bose Music application, you can use the grouping feature to group both speakers together. This will play audio from one speaker on both.

This is not recommended in audio/video settings like that of which you have described. There will be an inherent delay with audio being output from the TV to the first speaker through both auxiliary and Bluetooth connections. Following this, the delay would be extended by the Bose Music application using the internet to process and send the audio to both of the speakers for playback as a group. As a result, this will provide audio and video that is out of sync. 

Our range of soundbars mentioned above utilizes a HDMI and Optical audio input. The connection types are specialized for use within the technology industry for applications in audio/video sources, such as TVs, as there is no audio/video delay - meaning the picture and sound are both in perfect sync. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Can we use digital to analogue covertor to use home speaker 300 to tv with 3.5mm. Aux 
i have philips tv 

Highlighted

Hi jackshr,

Thanks for posting.

If the TV feaures a 3.5mm headphone port, a DAC (digital to analog converter) will not be required. However, if your TV only features an optical output, then yes, a DAC would be necessary.

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Hi there

my tv have DAC and 3.5mm port but its not working i tried everything even when setup to output audio

is there any steps to follow

thanks

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 21, 2020

I have a basic question on how the audio signal is processed.
When connecting an Audio out (analog signal) from a TV to the AUX on the 300 or 500, does the analog input signal get convert to digital first before feeding it to the DAC inside the wireless speaker or does the analog signal bypass the DAC and drives the speaker directly?

The reason I post this question is the sound through the analog AUX input is not as clear as the WiFi digital signal connection. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Hi Jackshr,

Have you selected the Audio Source in your Bose Music app to AUX and make sure the Volume is on?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 29, 2020

I have the same problem. I have an LG SMART TV which doesn’t have bluetooth. I bought DAC and did everything I could but nothing happened. Can you tell us what to buy exactly for us to connect our Bose Home Speaker 300 to our tv’s? Thanks