El67
Participant
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

Connect Soundlink to Bose portable speaker

Can anyone just give me a straight answer to whether you can connect a Bose Soundlink speaker to the Bose portable smart home speaker please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: Connect Soundlink to Bose portable speaker

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hi Carina, 

Instructions for setup can be found on the link Hector provided. 

• Open the Bose Music app on your mobile device and navigate to your Bose Smart Family product.
  • Click on your product’s image in the bottom-right of your screen,
  • Tap on “group,” and choose to add your Bose speaker or headphones.

Make sure your Bluetooth speaker or headphones are turned on and in pairing mode before you open the app on your mobile device.

The SoundTouch wireless link adapter would not be recommended in this instance as it's not part of the Bose Music ecosystem, it's part of the SoundTouch ecosystem. I recommend a soundbar, like the Smart Soundbar 300 or Soundbar 700

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hector_B

Hello El67, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I would love to answer any questions you may have about any of our speakers. 

The two speakers aren't compatible via any Bose applications however you will be able to use the new Bose Simplesync feature from your Portable Home Speaker to connect the speakers if you have one of the following SoundLink speakers: 

• SoundLink Revolve Bluetooth speaker
  • SoundLink Revolve+ Bluetooth speaker
  • SoundLink Mini Bluetooth speaker
  • SoundLink Mini Bluetooth speaker II
  • SoundLink Color Bluetooth speaker
  • SoundLink Color Bluetooth speaker II
  • SoundLink Micro Bluetooth speaker

If you would like to know more about what Simplesync is you can find out here, also if you would like any support with using grouping, you'll find a great support article on our website here

I look forward to hearing back from you and any others that would like to learn more about this feature 😊

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Carina_Ruiz
Participant
Registered since

Feb 22, 2021

Can someone give me the steps to do this? I have a Bose Portable Home Speaker and a Bose Revolve+ Soundlink. How can I connect these? Also, I'd like to connect both to my non-blue tooth enabled tv - would the Bose soundtouch wireless link adapter help here?

Jeff_G

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hi Carina, 

Instructions for setup can be found on the link Hector provided. 

• Open the Bose Music app on your mobile device and navigate to your Bose Smart Family product.
  • Click on your product’s image in the bottom-right of your screen,
  • Tap on “group,” and choose to add your Bose speaker or headphones.

Make sure your Bluetooth speaker or headphones are turned on and in pairing mode before you open the app on your mobile device.

The SoundTouch wireless link adapter would not be recommended in this instance as it's not part of the Bose Music ecosystem, it's part of the SoundTouch ecosystem. I recommend a soundbar, like the Smart Soundbar 300 or Soundbar 700

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post