Pankaj2106
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

Connect home speaker 450 to sound touch 300

Hi

can anyone please let me know if i can connect ST300 and Home speaker 450 together?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Connect home speaker 450 to sound touch 300

No.  The Bose Home Speaker 450 uses the Bose Music app.  The Bose Soundtouch 300 uses the Bose Soundtouch app.  They are different apps for different operating systems and are not compatible.

Pankaj2106
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

Thanks for response. Can you please let me know if ST300 can be connected with 3rd party sub?. 

Hi Pankaj2106, 

Thank you for your post and welcome! 

In response to your question, you can not connect a third party sub to the SoundTouch 300. You can connect a Bass Module 700 or a Bass module 500 in our range. I have included a LINK HERE to our website for your reference.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Cbw4x4
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 18, 2019

As a long time Bose customer I don’t understand this incompatibility issue.  I have a house full of Bose product that can not communicate together.  Why would a new product not be created to backwards compatible?  Seems as if you buy your products 2 years apart your old stuff seems obsolete and incompatible.  I’m sorry to say that I may be replacing my wonderful sounding Bose equipment with Sonos so that all my speakers and equipment can work together. ☹️

Pankaj2106
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

Yes you are right it is not backward compatible and looks like ST300 are now abandon baby of Bose 😞

It will be nice if ST300 also compatible with New Bose Music App so that we may connect with newer speakers. 

Thanks

Cbw4x4
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 18, 2019

Yes I literally have 3 Bose apps to control my devices... why?  I understand where hardware is limited due to advances in technology... software should not be limited!  A single app could be created to run all devises.  Maybe it’s a marketing strategy to get people to buy new equipment.  Unfortunately I think it makes them market their competitors products and shines a light on where Bose is failing.