Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

Connectivity issues with BOSE Soundbar 700 and Sony TV KD-55X7000D

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name: BOSE Soundbar 700

Firmware Version: 10.0.10-8565+88f8514

App Version:4.2.4

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Sony TV KD-55X7000D

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Steps:
1. Connect BOSE Soundbar with HDMI-ARC port of Sony TV KD-55X7000D
2. On BOSE Music App - Setup universal remote and ensure that CEC is enabled.
Issues:
1. Universal Remote functions except (Volume and Power on/off) are not working.
2. Sound is lost in soundbar and only way to get it back is to restart soundbar and TV.
3. Not able to use Amazon Alexa Voice assistance, It shows error on App that country is not supported. However I am using other Alexa devices working in my home, not sure why only BOSE soundbar 700 has this exception.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

This is not environment specific issue.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Since when product is purchased. It was never working as expected previously

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Followed all troubleshooting online helps on BOSE sites, Sony TV sites as well as internet. It is not helping.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Connectivity issues with BOSE Soundbar 700 and Sony TV KD-55X7000D

Author Accepted Answer selected by ashishv

Thanks for confirming that for us ashishv!

If you have set up your remote as a universal remote to control your TV during the initial set up of your soundbar, then when you have the TV icon on the remote selected, you will be able to control your TV, as well as the soundbar.

One thing to bear in mind when using the universal remote, is the remote does not control your TV directly. The remote sends the signal to the soundbar which then controls your TV with an in-built IR blaster. This is located on the left-hand side of the soundbar, so you would need a direct line of sight from there to the IR receiver on your TV. 

If the remote is unable to control your TV,  it would be worth moving the soundbars location slightly to see if you can get the IR blaster and receiver to line up and then test the remote from there. If you are unable to achieve this line of sight in your setup you can use external IR emitters, connected to the soundbar, to allow the IR signal to reach locations it may not be able to reach directly. Your local support team should be able to help you get hold of these emitters if you need them. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps, let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hey there @ashishv

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Bos Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you are experiencing with your system and I will do all I can to assist you. Regarding Alexa, even if Alexa is available in the region already, it may not be completely compatible. I have included a LINK HERE with the regions Alexa is currently available in. We are working on providing Alexa to as many regions as possible. 

To confirm with the remote, are you trying to turn the TV volume up and down and power off the TV? Or is this the Soundbar? If this is for the TV, the volume is controlled by the soundbar so you may not get a visual representation of the volume. You may also need to select the TV source button before you power off so the remote knows your turning it off.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

Regarding Alexa Assistant learnt from the link provided that that BOSE didn't supported Malaysia region (Malaysia). Its PITY to learn that for such a niche price point product, BOSE is very slow in rolling out common Alexa feature, looking forward for the same ASAP.

Regarding remote related issue- i am referring to the Bose Universal remote control (and not the TV one) which comes along with SB 700. I am trying to control the TV with this universal remote. However except volume up/down and power on/off , unable to control any other functions of the TV. 

Author Accepted Answer selected by ashishv

Thanks for confirming that for us ashishv!

If you have set up your remote as a universal remote to control your TV during the initial set up of your soundbar, then when you have the TV icon on the remote selected, you will be able to control your TV, as well as the soundbar.

One thing to bear in mind when using the universal remote, is the remote does not control your TV directly. The remote sends the signal to the soundbar which then controls your TV with an in-built IR blaster. This is located on the left-hand side of the soundbar, so you would need a direct line of sight from there to the IR receiver on your TV. 

If the remote is unable to control your TV,  it would be worth moving the soundbars location slightly to see if you can get the IR blaster and receiver to line up and then test the remote from there. If you are unable to achieve this line of sight in your setup you can use external IR emitters, connected to the soundbar, to allow the IR signal to reach locations it may not be able to reach directly. Your local support team should be able to help you get hold of these emitters if you need them. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps, let me know!

View solution in original post

Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

Thanks, I've checked SB 700, Visually i am unable to find in-built IR-blaster. please help to locate it or send some picture of it.

The IR receiver is found on both of the front sides of the Soundbar! 

This isn't something that you will be able to clearly see on the product. 

Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

Hi, I am not referring to IR-Receiver here - I am referring to IR-Blaster which sends signal to TV. In order to align with TV need to know the physical location of the same.

Thanks for coming back to us @ashishv

The IR blaster is located in the same place as the receiver on the left-hand side of the soundbar. 

If there is anything else we can do for you!