Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 15, 2020

Control Home Speaker 300 preset options via Alexa

Dear community,

Is there a way I can ask Alexa to play one of the preset buttons we have in Home Speaker 300? You know, the top buttons that go from 1 to 6. 
Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Control Home Speaker 300 preset options via Alexa

Author Accepted Answer selected by Lotus81

Hey there @Lotus81,

That's a great question!

However, on the Home Speaker 300, Alexa does not have the ability to play the saved presets upon request. I can understand that's a pain for you but there is still the option to command Alexa to play saved music services.  I tend to make use of this as I find my music tastes regularly fluctuating, so asking Alexa to play exactly what I want makes life easier.

I hope this answers your query but do let me know if there's any way else I could help.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Lotus81

Hey there @Lotus81,

That's a great question!

However, on the Home Speaker 300, Alexa does not have the ability to play the saved presets upon request. I can understand that's a pain for you but there is still the option to command Alexa to play saved music services.  I tend to make use of this as I find my music tastes regularly fluctuating, so asking Alexa to play exactly what I want makes life easier.

I hope this answers your query but do let me know if there's any way else I could help.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 15, 2020

Thanks for answering. Perhaps Bose should think of a solution. Like a skill to take care of this? 

Highlighted

Hey @Lotus81,

That's an idea! In the meantime, you can stay up to date with the latest feature released and firmware updates, by keeping an eye on the Community and our socials.

Feel free to drop me a message if you'd like assistance with any other features of your system. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 9, 2020

It was a great help ! Thank you very much for sharing mcdvoice this and Thanks for the clarification ! Very informative and useful article I got sufficient information from this.