Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 30, 2019

Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account

Hi there,

I have four speakers connected to my soundtouch account on wifi. I wanted to add another one which happens to be wave music system III. I could connect to wifi but I failed to add the system to my account. I understand we can connect only four speakers to one account on wifi and countless speakers through ethernet. I tried both ways, first by removing one of my already connected speakers and adding the new system through wifi and secondly using ethernet cable, but failed both times, with the application displaying message "something has happened and the system could not be added to the accound, try later". I wonder what is wrong. Do I need updates on Wave system and how to go about it? Do I need factory reset before trying again or do I need local bose support?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account

Hello Gull, 

Welcome to the Bose Community and thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulties connecting your Wave SoundTouch system to your network.

The limitation of speakers is not 4, it is based on how many your network can handle ultimately. If you are using the Wave SoundTouch System, and not the Wave SoundTouch System IV, be aware this system is only compatible with B and G networks (2.4Ghz) so if you have a network with 5Ghz, or it is synchronized with 2.4 and 5ghz, then you will run into setup issues. 

I hope this helps, and I'd look forward to hearing your outcome. 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 30, 2019

Hi Jeff,

Yes, I did notice that Wave soundTouch is connected to G network while the rest are connected to A since my router supports both. Now the only opion I can think of is try and connect all to G network, but I am afraid it would compromise the ability to stream music. Or, alternatively replace Wave SoundTouch. Do you have any suggestions?

Gull

Highlighted

Hi Gull, 

As an example, if all speakers are connected to A, and your setup device is also connected to A, the moment you set you speaker up to G, the device will automatically jump back to A once setup, which will explain why the speaker won't see the app. I would recommend making sure the speakers are set up to the same network ideally. If one of the speakers doesn't support N, then it'd be best to have all set to B/G. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.