Highlighted
Amit malpure
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2019

Crackling noise from home speaker 500

I have Bose home speaker 500 and few weeks on I am getting a crackling noise from it.

8 REPLIES 8
ottovigo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 14, 2015

Re: Crackling noise from home speaker 500

I guess that is another flaw from Bose, I get the same on both my 500s from time to time and the only way to fix it is unplug the power cord for 20 seconds and then restart the unit.

Karsten

Hi Amit Malpure and ottovigo, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are both experiencing this issue and would love to assist you further. 

Can you both please confirm which sources this happens on as well as if it occurs across all music services/videos? 

I look forward to hearing back from you both and if anyone else is experiencing this issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

ottovigo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 14, 2015

It does it from both my home speaker 500s and it does it both on tunein and Iheart radio. Btw I’m not your beta tester and why not test it out yourself BEFORE sending out crappy sw.....

emanith
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

Bose Home Speaker 500 Thunder/Hazy/Crappy sound

Hi,

I`m a proud owner of Bose Home Speaker 500 (Black) with Alexa which was bought in February 2019.

Since a couple of days on playing songs/music with a slight base the speaker makes thundering/hazy/crappy noises. It is a shame that a speaker in excess of $600 has gone bad within 6 months of use.  I called the customer support , they asked me update the firmware but i have the latest version already. below are the details

Bose Firmware Version:  5.0.11

App Version: 2.3.2

Besides i do not understand how an older firmware version can cause crappy noise.  Please help in resolving this problem. I`m based in Mumbai, India.

emanith
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

Im getting the same problem. is there any solution for this. This is happening with all sounds/apps etc.  

Firmware version: 5.0.11

App version: 2.3.2

Hello Emanith, 

Thanks for reaching out today. I am sorry that you are having issues with your HomeSpeaker 500 popping. 

As your firmware is up to date and you have tried resetting the speaker, I would like to try a factory reset of the speaker. 

This reset erases all settings and returns your product to its default out-of-box state. Once reset, open the Bose Music app to reconfigure your product.

To restore the factory default settings:

1. Simultaneously press and hold the Volume - and AUX buttons for 10 seconds to reset the product.

If Alexa has been added:

1. Open the the Amazon Alexa app and view the list smart devices associated with your Amazon account.
  2. From the list, remove any instances of the Bose product you want to reset.
  3. If you do not plan to use other Bose products with your Amazon account after the reset, view the installed Skills in the Alexa app and remove the Bose skill.
  4. Open the Bose Music app and remove Alexa from your Bose account.
  5. Remove the product from your Bose account. 
  6. Simultaneously press and hold the Volume - and AUX buttons for 10 seconds to reset the product.

If the Google Assistant has been added:

1. Open the Bose Music app and remove the Google Assistant from your Bose account.
  2. Remove the product from your Bose account. 
  3. On the top of your product, simultaneously press and hold the Volume - and AUX buttons for 10 seconds. The product reboots and, when complete, the light bar on the front glows solid amber.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

emanith
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

Hi Vicky_W

I tried doing that but did not help either. I have tried all steps mentioned on this forum but they did not help. Additionally i just tried a manual update mentioned on bose product support page thinking i might not have the latest firmware but it did not help either. I just dont understand what bose is doing? This product was fine 2 days ago and then suddenly just when i had to show it off to a friend.. Poof.. The sound started rattling. Really its a shame $600 is no joke. 

Hello Emanith. 

I am so sorry you are having this issue. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your speaker. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us.

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W