Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

Crackling noise fron Bose speaker 500

I have been using the Bose Speaker 500 since last 7 months. But last few day it is being observed that some crackling noise is comming from the speaker. This speaker is running with latest version of firmware. Currently I do not have solution how to resolve this. Please help me to provide the solution. 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Crackling noise fron Bose speaker 500

Hi bubai1985,

Sorry you're getting some crackling audio from your speaker. I'd love to help. 

So I can provide you with the most accurate information, is this in reference to the Home Speaker 500 or the Soundbar 500?

Do let us know so we can issue the most effective troubleshooting 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

Hi,

This issue is happening with my Bose speaker 500. Kindly help me how to fix this issue. 

Highlighted

@bubai1985 Thanks for confirming this.

Does this crackling occur across all sources that are playing? For example, Bluetooth, AirPlay 2, AUX, Bose Music, etc.

Please perform a reset by removing the power for 30 seconds and then reconnecting.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

It is happening with all - AUX, Bluetooth, Alexa, etc.

I have already done all like - perform a reset by removing the power for 30 seconds and then reconnecting. But issue is not resolved.

Highlighted

@bubai1985 Thanks for letting us know! Could you confirm if your speaker is running the latest firmware? (v9.0.14)

If not, could you please make the update, either via the Bose Music app, or by visiting HERE

Let us know if this changes the audio quality.

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

Re: Crackling noise from Bose speaker 500

I have updated the firmware 9.0.14, but crackling issue is observed. Seems it is not software issue. It is hardware issue.

Highlighted

Re: Crackling noise from Bose speaker 500

Thank you for trying that @bubai1985, sorry to hear things did not improve.

If you're still continuing to hear crackling audio, I think it's best if you reach out to local support to look into the service options available. The team will be more than happy to walk you through the process so your issue can be resolved. Let me know how you get on with that!