Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2021

Crackling right hand speaker

Bose product name invisible surround speakers 

Country Uk

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version  smart soundbar 300

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Bought the speakers yesterday and the right rear speaker intermediately crackles and pops  

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Has been cracking since set up 

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Checked all cables and position of wireless receiver disconnected from sound bar and reinstalled ,checked other forums and found this to be a common problem any ideas please 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charlotte_G

Re: Crackling right hand speaker

Author Accepted Answer selected by Roders

Hey @Roders, welcome to the Bose Community!

I am very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some audio quality issues with the surround speakers of your Smart Soundbar 300 system. You've been through some great troubleshooting, which is appreciated. 

Please could you switch the left and right speakers by connecting them to the opposite receiver? This will indicate whether the speaker itself is faulty, or if the issue is somewhere between the connection to the speaker. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Charlotte_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by Roders

Hey @Roders, welcome to the Bose Community!

I am very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some audio quality issues with the surround speakers of your Smart Soundbar 300 system. You've been through some great troubleshooting, which is appreciated. 

Please could you switch the left and right speakers by connecting them to the opposite receiver? This will indicate whether the speaker itself is faulty, or if the issue is somewhere between the connection to the speaker. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Roders
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2021

Good morning Charlotte

sorry for the delay ,I have swapped the speakers over and the problem stays on the rear right speaker again crackling .

I have also tried the switch on the receiver to check it was properly in position .

The firmware number for the soundbar is 3.0.11-1134+0a36e05.

some other forums are saying that they have had they same problem and it was cured with an update ?

Please could you let me have any other thoughts as if you think the receiver is at fault as I have emailed the supplier I purchased with no answer .

thank you for your help .

Tegan_M

Thanks for the update Roders.

It would appear that your system is currently up to date. At this point, please reach out to our UK support team who will be able to assist you further regarding service options. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!