Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2020

Deezer service on Bose 500 has 30 second limit/?

The deezer as a service within the Bose App on iOS is limited to 30 seconds.

i have a free account.

The deezer App on iOS works ok...it plays complete tracks to both iPad and more importantly the Bose 500, meaning the Deezer App on iPad connects ok to Bose 500, and plays tracks completely.

But the Deezer as a service within the Bose Music App has the 30 second restriction. It even pops up a notice that there is a 30 second limit.

i have notified and queried Deezer support..no response yet.

Only the Bose500 is authorized on my deezer account so I have not exceeded the limit of 3 devices,

help?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Deezer service on Bose 500 has 30 second limit/?

Hi @Bobbyb120,

I'm sorry to hear you've had some difficulty using the Deezer streaming service with the Bose Music app. To confirm, you're only able to play songs for 30 seconds and then it stops?

Are you on a premium Deezer subscription plan, and if so, when did this start? It's possible that your account is being recognized as within the 'trial' period meaning you're limited by what you can do. Do you have any other premium music service accounts linked in the Bose app and if so, are they working fine for you?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2020

To answer your questions.

I have Amazon Music and Pandora and others as services and all are working well.

I have a FREE account not a trial period.....and it works as I described OK inside the Deezer App on Ipad or On Ipad connected to Bose...no time limit on track.

Only the Deezer service from inside the Bose APP is limited to the 30 seconds....But you may be right...The Deezer service within Bose App maybe thinking I have a trial subscription as opposed to a normal free APP....and that of course is a bug.

The question is how do I get the Deezer Service to know or recognize that I have a OK FREE account??????

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey Bobbyb120. Your experience is to be expected, and is normal. Deezer Premium+ accounts are recommended for use with the Bose Music app. Non-premium accounts can only play 30-second track previews.

As an alternative, you can stream Deezer content directly through their native app and connect to the speaker via AirPlay 2, Bluetooth, or a wired auxiliary connection. All the best.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!