Ray Shepherd
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

Default to spotify

Bose 500

im in Portugal. First setup I selected Portugal as the country and found out that this also selects language. So no Alexa. 

Did re set. Didn’t change the country as the choice was not offered. However it did allow me to select Alexa and English UK. Which is fine. 

I have tried Amazon Music before and was not impressed. 

I now have my other devices on Spotify which is really good. Can I get Alexa to default to choose all music from Spotify?

also. Can I play music from an iPad via Bluetooth through the Bose 500

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Ray Shepherd
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

Re: Default to spotify

Should have added that I have a vpn router. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Default to spotify

Hey Ray Shepherd,

Welcome to the Bose Community forums and thank you for posting.

At present, Google Voice Assistant nor the Amazon Alexa skills are available for our range of Smart Home Speakers such as the Home Speaker 500, or Soundbar 500 within the region of Portugal. We do not recommend nor encourage the use of VPN's to achieve this functionality, as your own results may vary.

You can assign Spotify as the default Alexa audio streaming service. This change must be done within the Amazon Alexa application itself. Additional information on this setup process can be found from Spotify's website HERE.

As the Home Speaker 500 features built-in Bluetooth, you can connect your iPad to the speaker to wirelessly stream audio. Information on how to set up this feature can be found on our website HERE.

Please do let us know if you have any additional questions and we'd be happy to help.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.