Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 9, 2019

Directv

We have Directv and with their remote, one touch turned on the cable box and tv.  Can we achieve this with the Soundbar 700 universal remote?  It seems the cable box turns on with the universal remote, but tv doesn't, so we probably missed a step somewhere along the lines.  Anyone have any ideas?  

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Directv

Hi there @cubbiecoco !

Thank you for taking the time to post, and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the control issues you're having, and would be happy to help!

One way that you could manage this is using the CEC settings of the devices involved. If CEC is enabled on your Cable Box, TV, and SoundBar, and all devices are connected via HDMI cables, then you should be able to power on all of the devices at the same time using a single button. Whilst this setting will be in different places depending on exactly which TV and cable box are used, the setting on the Soundbar can be found from the Bose Music app.

When in the app, selecting the product in the bottom right of the screen, then selecting "settings" will get you to the settings for the selected product. From here, please select "Advanced CEC, and either set this to "On" or "Alternate" and then test this with the TV!

Alternatively, this could be setup directly through the Soundbar 700 universal remote, so please perform the following instead!

I would ask that you open the Bose Music app, select your product, then navigate to the Settings for that product.

From here, go to the selection labelled as "Universal Remote". This is where you can change and set what our remote will control for you.

The "TV" option will let you set up the TV. If this is already setup, please remove this and set this up again, following the instructions as they are prompted on the app. If this hasn't been setup, simple select "Connect to a New TV" and set this up this way.

If this is setup correctly, then you can control all of the devices with the remote.

You can also enable the Power Sync settings from the Music app and sync these up from here as well!

Please give either/both of the above a try, and get back to me to let me know how this goes, or if you have any questions!

Liam W - Community Support