Display screen on Bose 500 speaker does not show album artwork anymore

SOLVED
Author Accepted Answer selected by Bosebox

Re: Display screen on Bose 500 speaker does not show album artwork anymore

Hi ppreiskchat! Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I am sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with album artwork not correctly showing for you. I would like to ask - what source are you listening to when this happens? Also, have we tried resetting your speaker? To do this, unplug your speaker from power, wait 1 minute and then plug it back in.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Warm Regards,

Sam F

Audible Advocate

I'm sorry, but is it just me or does anyone else think it's absurd to have to unplug a 450€ speaker every day in order to make it work correctly? Why hasn't bose come with a solution yet?
Quiet Contributor

Mismo problema por acá.

Ya he reseteado 3 veces el parlante! y no pasa nada!, He gastado un dineral en 2 equipos de este y son un desastre!!!

Debi comprar 2 sonos!!!

Comprenderan que en Chile el soporte es ridiculo, nadie soluciona nada.

-----

Same problem here.
I have already reset the speaker 3 times! and nothing happens! I have spent a fortune on 2 teams of this and they are a disaster !!!
I must buy 2 sonos !!!
They will understand that in Chile the support is ridiculous, nobody solves anything.

Hi StefanL, 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this. Bose released a firmware update in March which featured fixes for this issue, if you haven't updated yet, please do so. If you have updated and are still experiencing issues, please factory reset the speaker and set it up as a new speaker. Additionally, I would recommend rebooting your router after performing any firmware updates to the speaker.

Kind regards

Jeff G

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Hi Jeff,

I have a few questions regarding your latest post in this thread:

1. Does the speaker automatically receive and install firmware update when connected to the network and internet?
  2. If not, could you explain how to update firmware?
  3. could you explain how to perform factory reset, in case firmware update has no effect?

Kind regards,

Bosebox

Hi Bosebox, 

Software updates are typically pushed to the speaker automatically and will install during periods the system is not in use between 2AM and 5AM local time. The speaker will check for software updates once every 24 hours.

If the speaker is for some reason not running the latest software version, you can force an update using a computer and a USB cable.

To update system software using a computer and a USB cable, follow these steps:

1. Use the following link to download the update file for your product: worldwide.bose.com/support/HSFW
    • When prompted, click Save and save the update file to your computer's desktop
      • If the prompt does not appear, the file may have downloaded automatically. Check the header or footer in the browser window, or check your Downloads folder
      • Do not rename the file
  2. Connect a USB A-to-Micro USB cable from a computer to the "SERVICE" jack on the back bottom of the product (next to the power cord)
  3. Reboot the product by disconnecting its power cord for 30 seconds
  4. Wait for the product to reboot: While rebooting, the light bar pulses white; when rebooted, the light bar turns off
  5. Simultaneously touch and hold the Volume - and Volume + buttons on the top of the system for 5 seconds to enter service mode. A 5-second countdown appears on the display to confirm
  6. Open a web browser and go to http://203.0.113.1:17008/update.html
  7. At the file update screen, click CHOOSE FILE
  8. In the file selection window, find and select the "product_update.zip" file you downloaded in Step 1
  9. Click UPLOAD and wait while the update is installed.

It is very unlikely you will experience the need to do so, but it is useful information to have in the event that it occurs. 

In regards to performing a factory reset on the speaker, you can do this via the following instructions.

To restore factory defaults:

Note: A factory reset clears all source, volume and network settings from the system returning it to its original factory settings.

1. Remove the product from your Bose account. For more info, see Removing a system from your Bose Music account
  2. Simultaneously press and hold the Volume - and AUX buttons for 10 seconds. The system will reboot into setup mode

Kind regards,

Jeff G