Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 2, 2018

Display screen on Bose 500 speaker does not show album artwork anymore

I recently purchased a Bose smart speaker 500. After a while I managed to get it configured, and it nicely showed the album artwork or radiostation in the display screen. After some (clumsy) playing with the control buttons on top this feature seems to have been disabled, the display only shows the clock in stand by mode (which is ok) and a simple loudspeaker icon when playing. Can anyone explain how to get the artwork back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 2, 2018

Re: Display screen on Bose 500 speaker does not show album artwork anymore

Author Accepted Answer selected by Bosebox

Hello Joel,

Thanks for your reply. Yesterday I was about to do the factory reset. So I switched on the speaker by pushing one of the preset buttons. To my surprise the album art was back, so no need for the reset! I have no idea why and how the artwork has disappeared and reappeared again. To be honest, I don't really care, as long as it works. And it does for now.

Regards,

Bosebox

View solution in original post

50 REPLIES 50
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Bosebox,

Thank you for posting.

Sorry to hear this stopped displaying album art. There should be no button combinations or settings that should prevent album art from displaying on the screen. I would suggest trying a factory default, instructions can be found HERE.

Let me know if this fixes the issue.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 2, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by Bosebox

Hello Joel,

Thanks for your reply. Yesterday I was about to do the factory reset. So I switched on the speaker by pushing one of the preset buttons. To my surprise the album art was back, so no need for the reset! I have no idea why and how the artwork has disappeared and reappeared again. To be honest, I don't really care, as long as it works. And it does for now.

Regards,

Bosebox

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Great to hear Bosebox.  Thanks for the update!

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

I to am having this issue with album artwork and to be honest am fed up having to factory reset all the time it's like nearly every other day since Xmas I've had to keep resetting system not very good if this is the case

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Mjmccarter69,

Thank you for posting.

I'm sorry to hear about the inconsistencies with Album artwork not displaying on your system. 

Can you let me know what streaming services this is happening with?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 13, 2019

Hi, I'm also having problems with the album artwork. I have to completely reset the speaker to get it back and then it only lasts until I adjust the volume, and then the screen permantly shows the volume level. I use Spotify.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

That's what mine started doing as well sticking with the volume level also usually disconnecting power sorts it but it's not a very good system with this fault and cost
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 16, 2019

Hello,
Just bought the Bose Home 500 one week ago and installed it perfectly. Everything was working.
And 2 days ago, it started not displaying artwork album nor radio logo. If we touch the preset it displays the number of the preset. Serms to display the last button used on the pod. And now, nothing anymore is displayed.
Tryed to unplug for 1 min, and then back to normal for how long? I did this trick five times for 2 days but this is not appreciated.
Please fix this.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 23, 2019

Hello,

same complain from here, no artwork showing anymore, will try a reset but the issue should be resolved and this thread reopened as still no viable solution has been offered!

Thanks and greetings