User61203b
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 2, 2018

Re: Display screen on Bose 500 speaker does not show album artwork anymore

You're right, Chasen, though in my case the problem somehow solved itself, there has been no actual solution. A few weeks ago my 500 speaker stopped functioning altogether, so I had to take it back to the shop for repair. Apparently they couldn't fix it, so I got a new one. So far the display of my new speaker has been functioning without any problem. There seem to be some bugs in the software of some (or all) 500 speakers. Maybe an update can fix it. If the problem persists, I would suggest to take it to your supplier for repair or replacement. 

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Chasen,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear about your experience so far. Could I ask what streaming services this is happening with?

Regards,

Tony G

Chasen
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2019

Hello Tony,

the problem occured while listening to a radio channel on TuneIn.

I already disconnected the device 1 minute and afterwards everything back to normal, but that should not be the solution for a device at that price level.

Best regards

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Chasen,

Thanks for responding. I am glad you got everything working. I will pass along your suggestion to our engineering dept. 

Regards

Tony G

Northern michigan
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 30, 2019

I don't know how you can call this problem solved.  I bought two speakers in early Jan. 2019 and it happens to both of them frequently.  Factory reset is not a solution either as you have to restore all of your set up every time.  what's the real solution.  Oh, this occurs with both Pandora and internet radio stations.

Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Northern michigan,

Thanks for writing in!

I certainly understand your frustration and can let you know we are currently looking into why this is happening for certain users.  Can you let us know if you are activating the stream through the Bose Music app or through an Alexa voice command?  Also, has a reboot been performed on the network and any access points in the home?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

StefanL
Participant
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

This is not a standalone problem. I just bought a new homespeaker 500 and out off the box, the display keeps on showing the last button I've pressed. I'm really disappointed to be honest, because this isn't the first bose product I'm having issues with. I was on the fence for buying another one (for another room), but now I've contacted my local shop to return the bose and switch to Sonos, since they also support soundcloud (after 3 years of begging by multiple customers, bose still doesn't have any soundcloud support!). I've been a bose fan from the beginning, and I'm feeling pretty sad we have to separate our ways, but it doesn't look like bose is solving any of their issues...
Bernd K.
Participant
Registered since

Mar 9, 2019

I had the same problem. I tried everything, but nothing helped. Finally, I disconnected the box from the power for a few seconds. After the restart, everything was ok again.

BK-NL
Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

Same issue for me. After disconnecting the power it works again. What's going to be to solution that it aint happening again?

ppreiskchat
Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

same issue here - bought it literary 3 hours ago and art work disappeared - great (not)! Should have gone for the Sonos! Bose get your sh*t together! For a premium brand with a good rep, you are losing trackion here..