mlbernardo26
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

Re: Display screen on Bose 500 speaker does not show album artwork anymore

I've had this issue too, when playing through Spotify. Factory reset fixes it for a short period of time, but the issue always rears its head. Can a more substantive fix please be provided?

blainehenry
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

Bose Home Speaker 500 doesn't display screen album art

Is the display screen on the Bose Home Speaker 500 supposed to show album art when playing music stored on your iPod Touch or iPhone using only bluetooth? I mean, when you're not using an app such as Spotify, Pandora or Sirius XM, but only bluetooth. I'm not seeing album art, so I'm wondering if it's only receiving the audio signal and not the visual. Thanks!

Chris K.
Participant
Registered since

Nov 8, 2020

One of my 500's has the same problem and it seems to be caused by the display dimming sensor.

This usually happens when the unit loses power.

When the power is restored and if the room is dark, the display will not come back on while streaming music.

Shining a flashlight at the display while music is streaming works for me.  The display will come back on and stay on even if the room is dark again.

ehealo
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2020

Hi there. 

I am having the very same problem with my Bose 500 speaker. It’s about 3 weeks old. For only the first few days album art was displayed, but now the clock is displayed all the time. 

Is there a firmware update needed??

Current vet is 10.0.10-9304+6a8d444.

It’s a little disappointing considering the  price range of the product and I always considered Bose to be a premier brand. 

Could you please advise if this glitch has been fixed. 

Thank you. 

Enda. 

dragosl
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2021

Hey, guys! I experienced the same issue, there seems to be a conflict switching between playing over Bluetooth and playing over Airplay (iPhone).

Possible fix for Apple devices: stick with streaming over Wi-Fi only, turn off Bluetooth. I switched between five apps over Airplay and it worked flawlessly, I got the artwork displayed every single time.

Try following these steps:

- turn off the Bose speaker by unplugging your device for 15-20 seconds;

- plug the device back, wait 30 seconds for the speaker to do it's thing;

- disable/don't stream over Bluetooth from any of your Apple devices; if prompted by any app (i.e. Spotify) to stream over Bluetooth dismiss the request and stick to Airplay.

If you stream from both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connected devices, you might encounter the issue again. 

Hope it helps! Cheers!