Itsjustmeee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Dolby Atmos?

This seems like a no brainer to me but is there any chance in the future to add a couple of extra speakers next to the soundbar to implement Dolby Atmos into this sound system?  More and more sound bars and home theaters already have it included. It seems like it would be a simple thing as an add-on. 

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Dolby Atmos?

Hi Itsjustmeee,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. As noted in alternate threads on the forum, Bose home theatre products, inclusive of our Smart Home Speaker range for the Soundbar 500 and Soundbar 700 do not currently support Dolby Atmos. 

Also noted in older threads, we are continually evaluating emerging technologies and Dolby Atmos to assess the benefits that it could provide to our customers as we plan for future products. In the meantime, Atmos content is however fully backward compatible with Bose Solo, CineMate, Lifestyle, and Smart Home Speaker Soundbar systems. I have logged your feedback today for our product development team.

Should you be seeking an immediate Dolby Atmos solution, you may find it beneficial to instead research into an Atmos compatible receiver in conjunction with the Acoustimass 10 system.

Kind regards,

Andy B - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
AKilpatrick
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Hi Andy, Any update on if any future Bose soundbar product will support Dolby Atmos? Thanks Andrew
Highlighted

Hello AKilpatrick, 

We do not currently have any information to give regarding this matter. However, any news and we will be sure to update you at the earliest convenience.

Thanks for your patience.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Wilsantana
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 22, 2019

As a new costumer of Bose with the 700 soundbar system (bass, surround and bar), I kindly ask you to transmit to your developer department the importance of implementing some Dolby Atmos we can add to the setup. I honestly think that it would be a great improvement to make better experiences to us (your costumers). Please considere this is a relatively new product that you can improve by adding some speakers for the ceiling and an update. Please avoid making a new product to force us to update the entire system... Hope this review help you to improve this great product.  

Highlighted
NRC
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 28, 2017

Hello Bose,

if put math into your head, you could expect that quite a many percentage of potential buyer from owner of SB700/500/ST300 etc. ; would be interested, so i am as a owner of SB 700eco System. Count me. Adding Dolby Atmos support, expect Bose make money and benefits to current Bose owners.  Go ahead and do some market research to get data for Atmos. i wouldn’t mind add extra speaker for  Atmos. So please take this data.

Highlighted
Danmarc
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Guys, just keep dreaming!!!

You are requesting Dolby Atmos from a company that is unable to provide a minimal decent software to control its devices.

From the moment of the launch of this "Smart Home" line, every "new" firmware is just another deception, another junk full of bugs.

Just have a quick look at the topics and you will notice that, with any attempt to fix something, they are only ruining something else.

In my opinion, their "software" division is nothing but a joke and, apart from a few polite moderators, all the rest is just a ridiculous attempt to buy some time for some useless, expensive devices.

Highlighted
Wilsantana
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 22, 2019

I’m new with Bose and I can’t talk about the support yet. Hope I never need any help. 

Lets cross the fingers and hope that they want to keep us as costumers by improving and developing the products we want and need. 

I agree with you about the app. Very basic... could be a lot better. The EQ is too basic... needs more HDMI ports and the remote and the bar never shows the volumen. So you never now how low or high the volumen is...

But so far I’m happy with the sound, the construction, the look... 

Let’s see what Bose team can do for those who want the Dolby Atmos 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Highlighted
ghostbose1969
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

Bose would be more correct to say if they really are developing either a new product oder a new software release to implement Dolby Atmos and, in positive case, the related expected time of these releases. The 7th November is Amazon releasing new Echo Studio ... 

Highlighted
ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Implementing Dolby Atmos in soundbar 700 would barely make any sense... When BOSE is not even able to implement basic HDMI/ARC and Dolby Playback without issues...

Also considering the hardware in the soundbar, the only way to pass Atmos would be through eARC, and almost no TV support this today... You would have to have a 2019+ TV and not even all of them support eARC with Atmos.

Most TV are connect either through ARC (for the few lucky ones where it's not broken), or Digital Optical cable, neither of which can pass Atmos (in compressed form or not).

The only thing the would benefit the majority on Soundbar 700 is if Bose would implement Atmos Height Virtualisation / DTS Virtual-X. This could be applied to standard Stereo/Dobly/DTS which the soundbar can handle today through Optical / ARC.

But again, Bose should start by fixing the broken software in the current soundbar.