Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThePressenz
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Extend Soundbar 700 and Bass 700 sound to my livingroom

Hey,

I have enjoyed my Soundbar with Bass 700 in my small livingroom with Tv, I moved to a bit bigger flat and need to extend my sound when listening to music. Dining room, TV Living room and chimney livingroom are all open without walls. On the west side is the TV room (with Soundbar and bass 700), the chimney in the middle and in the east the dining-room. I was thinking to buy a Soundbar 500 to put in the the chimney room and group it in a different set when I want to listen to music... not sure is possible or it makes sense?

Open to any other sugestions... a smaller soundbar or soundwave could be also enough, but I need another speaker to fill better the rooms with music as the soundbar in the TV room is enough sound but feels trapped in that corner... luxury problem 🙂 but hope somebody can help or advice. Thanks!

Cheers,

Cesar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: Extend Soundbar 700 and Bass 700 sound to my livingroom

Author Accepted Answer selected by ThePressenz

Hi ThePressenz, 

Thanks for reaching out, I would love to help you with your setup. 

In our SmartHome range, you can group your speakers together within the Bose Music app. I don't necessarily think you will require a Soundbar 500, but this will be down to personal preference. I personally think a Home Speaker 500 will be a great edition if you want to expand audio throughout your home, this speaker is designed primarily for a great home Music listening experience. But grouping this with your Soundbar 700 set up, this should provide you with sufficient audio throughout your home. 

Let us know if you have any further questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Tegan_M

Author Accepted Answer selected by ThePressenz

Hi ThePressenz, 

Thanks for reaching out, I would love to help you with your setup. 

In our SmartHome range, you can group your speakers together within the Bose Music app. I don't necessarily think you will require a Soundbar 500, but this will be down to personal preference. I personally think a Home Speaker 500 will be a great edition if you want to expand audio throughout your home, this speaker is designed primarily for a great home Music listening experience. But grouping this with your Soundbar 700 set up, this should provide you with sufficient audio throughout your home. 

Let us know if you have any further questions. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

I would purchase a Smart Home 500 speaker if music is what you are interested in. It will group with the Soundbar for a multi room experience.

The Soundbars will reproduce music but are best designed for home theater.

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

JC8333
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2020

Hello, my wife and I love to listen to music via music videos through YouTube via our Apple TV 4K. We have a Bose Soundbar 700 as well as the Bass module 700 connected via eArc to our TV/Apple TV, and it sounds great!

However, we just purchased the Bose portable smart speaker, and when we group the new portable smart speaker to the soundbar there is a large delay (~2 seconds) to the music videos playing from our TV. 

Are we saying there is no way to fix this?  As avid listeners to music we love listening this way and are really hoping we can get it to work!!

Charlotte_G

Hey @JC8333, thanks for joining the discussion! 

It's really great to hear that you're enjoying your listening experience with your Soundbar 700 and Bass Module 700. I am sorry that the addition of the Portable Home Speaker is presenting you with a delay. Could you confirm if the delay is between the video on the TV to the audio between the grouped speakers, or if the Portable Home Speaker has a delay compared to the soundbar audio?

I'd recommend ensuring that all firmware is up to date. The easiest way to do this is through the Bose Music app.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
JC8333
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2020

thank you for the prompt response!

the audio between the TV and soundbar/subwoofer is perfect with no delay.

when I group the portable home speaker to the soundbar, only the portable home speaker has a delay to whatever is playing from the TV and onto the soundbar; the soundbar is still on point with the video of the TV. 

the firmware on the portable speaker is fully up to date; i may need to check the firmware on the soundbar. 

Charlotte_G

@JC8333 Thanks for clarifying! It would be great to know that the firmware of the soundbar is up to date before we proceed with further troubleshooting. 👍

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@JC8333 wrote:

Hello, my wife and I love to listen to music via music videos through YouTube via our Apple TV 4K. We have a Bose Soundbar 700 as well as the Bass module 700 connected via eArc to our TV/Apple TV, and it sounds great!

However, we just purchased the Bose portable smart speaker, and when we group the new portable smart speaker to the soundbar there is a large delay (~2 seconds) to the music videos playing from our TV. 

Are we saying there is no way to fix this?  As avid listeners to music we love listening this way and are really hoping we can get it to work!!

Are are you connecting the TV to the speakers?

How are you connecting the ATV

What app are you using to group the portable Speakers.

I suggest you try connecting the ATV to the TV and the SB700 to the TV using ARC. Use the Apple Music App to create a group involving your SB700 and Portable speaker. Alternatively try using Airplay. 

Now that I think of it, you may be having problems with multiroom as you are trying to use a video source, that is YouTube, to sync the speakers together. Try a music source like Apple Music, Spotify or even TuneIn. See how the speakers work together. 

I have a mix of SoundTouch and Bose Smart speakers including a portable speaker which is really great, There is no delay over Airplay and Apple Music or TuneIn. 

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

JC8333
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2020

All firmware now updated.  I see the latest update I now have a feature in the settings “AV Group Sync” which allows me to choose if I want both speakers synced (but with a delay to the TV), or if I want the S700 in sync with the TV while the portable home speaker is delayed by 2-5 seconds.  

Obviously with this feature to choose in the settings, Bose is aware of the issue here.

Question: My Bass Module 700 is wirelessly grouped as an accessory speaker and has no delay issue to the TV as a wireless setup. Can my portable home speaker Also be grouped to the S700 as an accessory speaker?

ThePressenz
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks Tegan! This is great advice... just saw the tech behind the home speaker 500 and looks like a much better solution :). Just wanted to get some advice before going shopping ;). Now, since I just moved, just have to go through the painful setup with the Wi-Fi that is not so easy with the speakers (on the browser with an IP) and the app... unless I can connect my speakers to my WiFi in the app now, which should have been a feature in the App there from the start ;).  

Can't wait to go buy it, some places still have the Black Friday discounts 🙂

Cheers!