Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Domenic
Participant
Registered since

Jan 26, 2021

Fire Tv Stick with Bose Remote Control

Hello,

I have a Bose 700 System and am using the Bose remote control. Now i want to add a Fire Tv Stick to be able to control it via the Bose remote. 
I already found a community entry about using „Foxconn“ to find it in the entry list because they are building the Fire Tv sticks. 
Unfortunately I cannot find this categorie under „Streaming devices“ and in all the other categories I cannot find a setting for Foxconn that can control the Fire Tv stick. 

Can Anybode control their Fire Tv Stick with the Control an might help me out here?

1 REPLY 1
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Fire Tv Stick with Bose Remote Control

Hi Domenic,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for posting!

Most FireTV sticks use RF remotes to control them, so sadly you would not be able to program the universal remote for the Soundbar 700 to control the FireTV. The universal remote for the 700 can only control other devices using IR signal, as FireTV sticks don't have IR receivers on them to receive an IR signal, you can't control it with the Bose remote.

I know this won't be the answer you were looking for, but I hope it helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!