First Alexa Spotify request of the day stalls

SOLVED
Friendly Fanatic

First Alexa Spotify request of the day stalls

Every morning, when I ask Alexa to play something on Spotify, she answers, "Sure, shuffling xxx on Spotify", but then the pause symbol lights up on my SB700 (two short white dashes) and the music doesn't play. All attempts to ask Alexa to continue or resume or play fail. The only thing I can do is open up the Bose Music app. The selected music is there waiting to play, showing it's in a paused state. If I tap the play button there, the music starts up. From this point all Alexa commands to play music work fine for the rest of the day. Until the next morning.

Same behaviour happens regardless of whether my SB700 is connected by wire or wifi. Also, if I ask Alexa to play my daily briefing first, or tell me the weather, etc, that's fine. But when I then ask for a Spotify playlist or album, it stalls.

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by PercyBottle

Accepted Solutions
Friendly Fanatic

Re: First Alexa Spotify request of the day stalls

This problem seems to have been resolved for me with the latest firmware upgrade. Music has been consistently starting correctly at the first request for the day. Thanks Bose engineers! Now if only we can get Google Assistant rolled out to more countries Smiley Tongue

5 REPLIES 5

Hello PercyBotle,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

We're sorry to see you're unable to get your Alexa to work with your SB 700 but I'd be happy to help.

I would advice selecting Spotify as your default streaming in settings in the Alexa app. 

Let us know the results so we can assist further.

Kind Regards,

Prince O

Friendly Fanatic

@Prince_O wrote:

I would advice selecting Spotify as your default streaming in settings in the Alexa app. 

Thanks for your reply. Yes, Spotify is my default streaming music library in the Alexa app, and this is confirmed by the fact that Alexa responds, "playing/shuffling xxx on Spotify".

Hi Percy, 

Thank you for your reply. 

I have been able to replicate this before with my Home Speaker 500. The solution was to launch the Bose Music app and play from the Spotify source contained in the app. After playing from there, I was able to continue using the speaker as normal once again.

This has not been widely reported, but I will check with the relevant parties to see if there is a reason why this could be occurring. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Thanks @Jeff_G , I'll look forward to whatever you can find out.

Friendly Fanatic

This problem seems to have been resolved for me with the latest firmware upgrade. Music has been consistently starting correctly at the first request for the day. Thanks Bose engineers! Now if only we can get Google Assistant rolled out to more countries Smiley Tongue