Highlighted
ishore
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

First two weeks of soundbar 700 usage

I am a big bose fan for years and owned many products.

Purchased the package of soundbar 700 + 700 Bass Module + surround speakers 2-3 weeks ago.

Reviews are amazing and had lot of expectaions. But last 2 weeks is very dissappointing. I have every issue that can be found on this forum.

firmware upgraded to 5.0.14

1. HDMI Arc stopped working after 1-2 days of usage, restarting reseting sometimes connects temporarily, it never connects after that from past 1 week atleast, I have samsung 1 year old QLED, didnt see any complains online for other soundbars related to this TV.

switched to optical

2. as soon as i turned on DTS 5.1 output from tv.  Rattling sound starts from both bass module and soundbar even if the bass is increased to 2 points in music app

3. PCM output totally reduces everything including bass, dont feel any thump from sub volume is drastically reduced and its as if i am just listening from solo 5. which is alsmost 20 times less price than this package.

4. currently listening to pcm with all the tweekable settings to 0. not sure if its firmware issue and wait for next update or do something myself to fix these things. I've run AdaptQ atleast 6 times in last 2 weeks hoping it will find some sweet configuration setting all by itself.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: First two weeks of soundbar 700 usage

Author Accepted Answer selected by ishore

I would return it to the store if you're still within their return policy.  This is craziness.

1 REPLY 1
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: First two weeks of soundbar 700 usage

Author Accepted Answer selected by ishore

I would return it to the store if you're still within their return policy.  This is craziness.