cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doodah
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2019

Future source of information for fiirmware and app updates?

Now it has been announced that the Bose Community is closing - where will it be possible to find out when new firmware and app updates for my Bose Soundbar 700 and Bose Portable Smart Speaker?

I have heavily relied upon posts from @Wayne_M at the top of this forum. Any ideas on how this service can be continued?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager

Re: Future source of information for fiirmware and app updates?

Author Accepted Answer selected by doodah
I'm glad to hear you found these helpful, @doodah!

As XYZ noted, release notes for firmware and software updates will be available for products on the bose.com support site. Once you have selected your product, navigate to How To's > Software > Software and Firmware versions.

We're always looking to make improvements to the website, so the location may change in the future, but these will always be available from the site. I hope this helps!
Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by doodah
I'm glad to hear you found these helpful, @doodah!

As XYZ noted, release notes for firmware and software updates will be available for products on the bose.com support site. Once you have selected your product, navigate to How To's > Software > Software and Firmware versions.

We're always looking to make improvements to the website, so the location may change in the future, but these will always be available from the site. I hope this helps!
Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Atlantis
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 26, 2016

Last night I received firmware update 12.0.14 for the Soundbar 700, however I could not find any changelog on the support site. 

@Wayne_M : What are the changes compared to 11.0.16 ?

Twan_D
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

I did find the release notes over here: https://www.bose.com.au/en_au/support/articles/HC2300/productCodes/bose_soundbar_700/article.html

It's a real shame that Bose is closing this forum. It really lowers the service level.

Atlantis
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 26, 2016

Thanks for sharing the link.

Version 12.0.14

• Improves performance with Spotify HiFi streams
  • General bug fixes