mhklein
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 19, 2021

General question: Can I connect a wi-fi connected speaker to my Windows 10 computer?

I haven't purchased a Bose speaker yet, but I would like to ask a general question:  

Can I connect a wi-fi connected Bose speaker to my computer so that it becomes my computer's main speaker?  

I recently bought a Sonos speaker but was dissatisfied when I learned that it only works from an app.  I want to connect the speaker directly to the computer so that everything the computer plays, the speaker plays.

Thank you for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vicky_W

Re: General question: Can I connect a wi-fi connected speaker to my Windows 10 computer?

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hey Mhklein, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

It is exciting to hear that you are looking to Bose for your next speaker. I would love to help. We do not have a speaker that specially is designed for computers, aside from our desktop computer speakers. We do however have our SoundTouch range and Smart Home range. We have a Windows and OS X version of the SoundTouch app, which all SoundTouch speakers run on. But we do not have an app for the Bose Music app for computers. However, you can use any of our WiFi speakers as Bluetooth speakers, which will in tern, play all audio from your laptop or desktop on your computer. 

Take a look and let me know if you have any specific speakers you would like more information on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Vicky_W

Re: General question: Can I connect a wi-fi connected speaker to my Windows 10 computer?

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hey Mhklein, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

It is exciting to hear that you are looking to Bose for your next speaker. I would love to help. We do not have a speaker that specially is designed for computers, aside from our desktop computer speakers. We do however have our SoundTouch range and Smart Home range. We have a Windows and OS X version of the SoundTouch app, which all SoundTouch speakers run on. But we do not have an app for the Bose Music app for computers. However, you can use any of our WiFi speakers as Bluetooth speakers, which will in tern, play all audio from your laptop or desktop on your computer. 

Take a look and let me know if you have any specific speakers you would like more information on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

mhklein
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 19, 2021

That's the answer I was hoping for!  At this point, I intend to buy a Bose speaker and try it out on my computer.  By the way, I already own a SoundTouch system and l love it.