Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Google Assistant NZ

Just bought a portable home speaker only to find out it doesn't support Google Assistant in NZ. Google Assistant and Google Home work quite well with all of my other smart home devices in NZ. Is this functionality gap just because Bose hasn't added the capability to the speaker yet? I'm happy to return this to the store tomorrow and buy a JBL or something compatible instead.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Google Assistant NZ

Hello jtspiderling, 

Thanks for reaching out, welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment of Google Assistant not yet being available in your region. 

Our engineering team are working hard to get a wider availability of Google Assistant, however we can not guarantee this will be made possible in your region nor an available time frame to provide you. I so apologize for any disappointment in which this causes. 

If you have any further questions do let us know. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2019

If you can’t guarantee it will be available in New Zealand , why is all the Bose marketing material in NZ showing the google assistant logo and saying ‘coming soon’?  Very misleading and painful when trying to build a smart environment and now have one expensive device that may never be able to join it!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 15, 2020

I share your frustration ! Bose ~ do you have an update?