Highlighted
bp.sg
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Google Assistant - Sportify

Hi Bose

I have a Sportify Premium account. When Google Assistant was first released, I could ask it to play my Sportify playlist. But now after understanding my command, the light turned orange. Why?

Just a few minutes ago, now it says cannot understand me anymore and it is learning. 

internet connection is up as I can still start playing from Bose Music. 

And I could also ask Assistant on my iPhone to play Sportify without issue. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Google Assistant - Sportify

Hello bp.sg,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with using Google Assistant with your speaker and Spotify.

Just to clarify, when the light turns orange after you ask Google to play your playlist, does it blink orange or does it turn to a solid orange? As depending on what the lightbar is doing, an orange light can mean a few different things and it would be useful o know exactly what it is trying to tell us.

A couple of simple steps we can try to resolve the issue before doing delving too deep into the troubleshooting would be to first power cycle the speaker, we would do this by disconnecting the speaker from power for 30 seconds before reconnecting it. Or, in the case of the Portable Home Speaker, pressing and holding the 'Play/Pause' button for 10 seconds until the light ring blinks white.

If this did not work, we would then want to try rebooting the router, by disconnecting that from the power for 30 seconds before reconnecting and testing again once everything has reconnected.

We could also remove and re-add the Google assistant from the Bose Music app and refresh the connection between the speaker and the Google servers.

I hope this helps and let us know how you get on with these steps.

Kind regards,

Keith L - Community Support

bp.sg
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Re: Google Assistant - Sportify

Hi Keith

Thanks for your response. The Soundbar light turned from white to solid orange.

Would try the steps you suggested and see if it resolves the issue. 

Thanks

BP